hitting the market for a 6.4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BLKF250
hitting the market for a 6.4

alright guys iam getting ready to give up my 6.0 with 150k on it, it was a great truck and my first diesel and i loved it but its time for something bigger and i'am getting ready to step up to the 6.4...any suggestions as far as tuners goes along with exhaust and cold air intake.... I know about the cat/DPF delete is a must....As far as tuners go spartans I see is good but some threads have been saying some shifting problems in some files like 250,275 etc....As far as SCT goes how are those working for the people who have them on there truck, and whats there highest tune HP...If there any other tuners out there that people are running feel free to jump in with ur input....What do most of you guys run as far as cold air intake? on the 6.0 the stock ones where awesome up to 500ishhp....thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2011, 07:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
Spartan tunes are great. The shifting issues all depends on the truck and sometimes the gear ratio and tire sizes. The other big tuner is the H&S black max and mini max. You can get that guage set up with either the H&S files or the KEM files. As for intake AFE stage 2 is a good one but more expensive and loud. The S&B is the other good option and is less expensive and quite. If you are going to run any tunes in the 250 and above range you will need an intake, or your egt's will be a little hard to keep inline.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKF250 View Post
alright guys iam getting ready to give up my 6.0 with 150k on it, it was a great truck and my first diesel and i loved it but its time for something bigger and i'am getting ready to step up to the 6.4...any suggestions as far as tuners goes along with exhaust and cold air intake.... I know about the cat/DPF delete is a must....As far as tuners go spartans I see is good but some threads have been saying some shifting problems in some files like 250,275 etc....As far as SCT goes how are those working for the people who have them on there truck, and whats there highest tune HP...If there any other tuners out there that people are running feel free to jump in with ur input....What do most of you guys run as far as cold air intake? on the 6.0 the stock ones where awesome up to 500ishhp....thanks guys
Spartan is a good one, but I also suggest looking at the H&S tuners. They have 3 different tuners depending on what features you want and your budget. This is the route most people are going, our top seller is the Mini Maxx. Add an intake (S&B or AFE) and a delete kit (DPF/Cat or full down pipe back) and you will have an excellent setup. You can check our site for more info and package pricing. If you have any questions, feel free to give me a holler.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:38 AM

Ive always had good luck with spartan and never had any issues, yes there shifting can be a little rough on some tunes but its held my stock tranny together for over 40,000 miles of 600hp abuse. The only point that I see to H&S is there shift on the fly which would be very nice but they havnt been out long and im interested to see how the trucks hold together running there tunes. I would go spartan or maybe SCT.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:59 AM

I just installed SCT9625OR w/ dpf/cat delete. Running on extreme tune and driving responsibly I'm getting 18 or 19 mpg out on Highway maybe 15 in town. Would cold air intake help any with mpg ?
Old 01-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Get A Job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMotoRider1 View Post
Ive always had good luck with spartan and never had any issues, yes there shifting can be a little rough on some tunes but its held my stock tranny together for over 40,000 miles of 600hp abuse. The only point that I see to H&S is there shift on the fly which would be very nice but they havnt been out long and im interested to see how the trucks hold together running there tunes. I would go spartan or maybe SCT.
wow was looking for some one in the 700hp club like 3weeks ago, can you pm me what you did and how much it ran you? looking to get my 6.4 thare to. if you dont mine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.