10 F350 H & S - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
10 F350 H & S

Hey All,
I just recently bought the H & S Mini Maxx with the DPF/CAT Delete and absolutely love it!! I was pretty sure what to expect but it well exceeded my expectations.My only question is, If I have a mechanical problem with the truck and have to re-install the DPF/CAT to bring to Ford,Will they be able to detect that i had the H & S programmer? I heard they would not be able to detect the H & S particularly.I have a 2010 F350 with only 4,000 miles and figured the best thing to do to the life of the truck is to modify the way i did.

Has anyone had any particular problems mechanically while using H&S ? I am not using the truck to race etc. but for everyday driving and occasional fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Banned

Congratz..
I believe what Youve done is ,greatly extended the potential life of your engine , lessened the chances of engine failure. Drive it to 100K miles and dont worry about warranty in the mean.

I cant rationalize, not upgrading The Lesser aspects of the 6.4 powerstroke, so
Im moving on with my engine improvements as I get the money.Next I plan on The amsoil dual mount bypass with the change to full synthetic oil and then a airdog II . With that done I consider My engine as bullit proof and reliable as any diesel light truck engine ever made.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You sound like your pretty big into it.I always just do the easy upgrades like cold air,exhaust etc.I havent really had any problems with any of my diesel trucks (7.3,6.0,6.4) except my 6.0.Fortunately is was a small oil leak in the rear of the engine which took three cab offs and still didnt fix it.I sold it.Lots of negatives on the 6.0. I am pretty optimistic about the 6.4.Havent heard many problems.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I haven't seen the amsoil dual mount bypass. Can you post up a link to it.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
From what I have been told, the average tech won't see that it has been tuned, except for a possible P1000 code that gets throw from being reflashed. However,The FoMoCo engineers can see what has been changed if they are called out to look at a repair. If they pull heads then they may know when they see a different burn pattern on the piston heads.

Again, this is what I have been told from a tech who's name will not be given out. I'm sure the dealers wouldn't like their techs giving out that info.

If by chance I am wrong, I'd like for one of our techs or whoever has the correct info PM me and let me know what isn't correct.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrow View Post
You sound like your pretty big into it.I always just do the easy upgrades like cold air,exhaust etc.I havent really had any problems with any of my diesel trucks (7.3,6.0,6.4) except my 6.0.Fortunately is was a small oil leak in the rear of the engine which took three cab offs and still didnt fix it.I sold it.Lots of negatives on the 6.0. I am pretty optimistic about the 6.4.Havent heard many problems.
most active posters on the performance parts forum "are pretty big into it".
My expectations are optimistic, that doesnt mean all will work out, but if they come close I consider it because of the upgrades. Time will tell.

Because of the dismal technical nature of the DPF, I definitly would not let warranty issues keep me from deleting it. Maybe if the overwhelming amount of new diesel owners removed these detrimental systems from their trucks, The fed would be forced to re-think whats best for the consumer and the environment regarding emmissions. EPA policies are grossly out of touch with the results of their enactment of laws in this particular area.

PS. Im pretty sure an amsoil rep will chime in with the benefit oil Bypass systems and a link to amsoils. I think its superior but Im not associated with Amsoil in any way.

Last edited by Vettester; 01-13-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ford will be able to tell you have a programmer. If you have a major tranny or engine failure Ford will deny your warranty! Ford will send a rep and they will be able to tell by the data they collect from the computer.

I have not had the nerve to do any mods yet as I have only 9,000 miles on my 09. Good luck with everything!
Ed
Old 01-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfreaked View Post
Ford will be able to tell you have a programmer. If you have a major tranny or engine failure Ford will deny your warranty! Ford will send a rep and they will be able to tell by the data they collect from the computer.

I have not had the nerve to do any mods yet as I have only 9,000 miles on my 09. Good luck with everything!
Ed
Wow.....you seem to have it all figured out. Either you are one of those reps that ford will send or you are just misinformed and haven't done any research. There are way too many people on this site that have their trucks tuned since the day they bought them and have had warranty work done without any problems. Nothing is as cut and dry as you have tried to make it. Ford will try to deny your warranty whether your truck is tuned or not, just ask those people who didn't get their oil changed at a ford dealership and had engine problems.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

whats with everyone with 6.4 trucks having extra low miles like a collector car or something.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0USE View Post
whats with everyone with 6.4 trucks having extra low miles like a collector car or something.
Thank God for guys like that. I just picked up a Job 2 F350 Reg Cab with 20k on it. I believe that the first time that it saw snow and salt was the drive home when I bought it the other day. And from being in Rochester you know how rare that is in MI. I think that the guy went to Florida in the winter and parked it for 5-6 months out of the year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.