sct livewire & spartan - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 07:09 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sct livewire & spartan

My sct was stolen I was looking and going to buy the Spartan the tech at beans diesel today told me that innovative diesel tunes on the sct where better and cleaner then the Spartan? I have never tried the spartan I read a lot about them but I do know I have 800000 miles on my truck and no motor issues because of the sct any one care to give there opinion on the two? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 PM

80000 not 800000 sorry
Old 01-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Innovative tunes get great reviews. Not sure what they meant by cleaner. Going by what I see on the forums, they aren't cleaner in terms of smoke output. Our 310 and the Innovative Xtreme Race are pretty comparable at the track. Your going to get a better monitor in the DashDAQ along with a lot more tunes out of the box, but when it comes down to it....it is totally up to you.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:05 PM

Can you custom tune the Spartan with what I have done to my 08 I have a s&b intake e.g.r. delete ,d.p.f. delete and a set of elite towing twins? And a 5" exhaust? I really dig the graphics over the sct and have read a hole bunch about it is it like the sct you have to down load the programs or is it like the edge shift on the fly?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Cool Others too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottbolt View Post
Can you custom tune the Spartan with what I have done to my 08 I have a s&b intake e.g.r. delete ,d.p.f. delete and a set of elite towing twins? And a 5" exhaust? I really dig the graphics over the sct and have read a hole bunch about it is it like the sct you have to down load the programs or is it like the edge shift on the fly?
Don't forget the H&S Black Maxx - that looks to be a really nice product and it's "Shift on the Fly"!!! Check it out...

Black Maxx Race Tuner No Pyro ...Nate has some pretty good pricing too!

SCT's Touch Screen Xtreme has a really nice display compared to the Livewire but not as many features. They are working on a "firmware patch" that should make a big difference - when, I don't know?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottbolt View Post
You shouldn't need any custom tuning for the Elite Tow Power Compounds. The Spartan tuner is not shift on the fly. Each tune has a specific engine and transmission strategy file.

I am guessing that you have the EGR delete with wastegate since you are running the Tow Power Compounds on your truck. With a level 3 licensed tuner, you will have all of the tunes you need for the EGR delete from 40 hp up to the 250 hp tune. The 275 and higher tunes are already setup for the EGR delete.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:20 AM

I have the block off plates for the e.g.r. from beans diesel but I do not have a aftermarket wastegate I am looking at doing one but just have not got the money right now I had a sct 9625or with a river city 450 tune I really enjoy the tune there are a couple gliches in it the truck seems like its still pulling after i let off the gas for 10 to 20 seconds! I think its the torque converter still locked up but its great fuel mileage i am fixing to put a different intercooler on it I have the spearco just have not had time to install it I was told that with these turbos that i needed a program that would help with the towing twins from elite I tell ya though I would not spend the money for them if i had to do it over I lost some fuel mileage by changing them out! i do love the throttle response i got but for $3400.00 for the turbos and the $800.00 to install them I wished i would have spent it on something else!! I also really dislike the customer service at elite it sucks! getting anyone to return phone calls emails! but I think form the conversation with you it will be between sct and spartan I do like being able to get custom programming on the sct the customer service at spartan said they could possibly do some custom stuff for me I have not heard back yet for that?
Old 01-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

There are a few options for the SCT. We have the X3, Livewire, and TSX available for the 6.4L. There are other options around the corner. The best bang for the buck is the Livewire. We can hook you up with a deal with the Livewire and custom tuning, since your's was stolen. Just send an email direct or PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Cool IDP - was, is and always will be "Customer Service" oriented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeDiesel View Post
There are a few options for the SCT. We have the X3, Livewire, and TSX available for the 6.4L. There are other options around the corner. The best bang for the buck is the Livewire. We can hook you up with a deal with the Livewire and custom tuning, since your's was stolen. Just send an email direct or PM.
Innovative Diesel - that's what Customer Service is all about!

Yes, another shameless PLUG Eric!
I nominate Eric for General Manager of SCT!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:30 PM

This is for the innovative diesel people and spartan tech both your products look kick *** I just cant make up my mind what I want it comes down to preference i guess I do want to know on the spartan do i need the t.c.m. for the regular tunes less then 275hp? will it help with those tunes too? I,D the new sct wireless product is it about the same size as the edge evolution for the pod mount? and does it do the same things programming wise as the 9625or? hey thanks for all your help today I am going to buy one or the other tomorrow i just want simplicity and longevity and most of all Reliable POWER!!!! Thanks Again fellas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.