Need some opinions. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need some opinions.

Hey guys, im new too the 6.4, been driving a F150 since i was 16, but i bought a 09 F-250 the other day. She is coming up on 36k miles and still has her 100k powertrain warranty.

This is where i am looking for some opinions, i want to do a little aftermarket work on her. I am thinking of going with a H&S Blackmaxx or minimaxx, dpf delete, and air intake. i was wondering whether this is a good idea to go ahead and do, or wait until the warranty goes out? Also is the package deal from H&S a good deal? So i can get the programmer, delete, and air intake all at once.

I have read up on here about all the different tuners and what-not. i just wanted some personal opinions.

thanks guys,
jesse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

yes, its a pretty good deal, other wise you have to search around and order from different places and it becomes more work than it is worth. I would reccomend getting the dpf cat delete tho, i mean you are already going to be under the truck and it will be better for it. But its not a have too. Good choice with H&s , you wont have to transfer the sensors at all so if you do have a problem its an easy swap back on. im very happy with my h&s, im still in warranty and just did the full exhaust. If you have a lift or a buddy with a shop you might even wanna do a exhaust and leave the stock downpipe, it still wont be that hard to swap back on. My only problem is i did a down pipe too so if something happens i have to put it back in.( but do still have it, most cut theres...)
Old 12-26-2010, 04:21 PM

this is who i got mine from, heres the package i would do-http://www.alligatorperformance.com/black-maxxflopro-down-pipe-back-wmuffler-race-package-08up-ford-power-stroke-p-4175.html, for $150 less u can just get the delete pipes and the tuner, id pay 150 for the ull exhaust so then u can just swap as a whole, thats just me tho
Old 12-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger25 View Post
Hey guys, im new too the 6.4, been driving a F150 since i was 16, but i bought a 09 F-250 the other day. She is coming up on 36k miles and still has her 100k powertrain warranty.

This is where i am looking for some opinions, i want to do a little aftermarket work on her. I am thinking of going with a H&S Blackmaxx or minimaxx, dpf delete, and air intake. i was wondering whether this is a good idea to go ahead and do, or wait until the warranty goes out? Also is the package deal from H&S a good deal? So i can get the programmer, delete, and air intake all at once.

I have read up on here about all the different tuners and what-not. i just wanted some personal opinions.

thanks guys,
jesse
That is an excellent kit. Once you get it all installed you will be wondering why you didnt do it earlier! We have them both in package form on our site at discounted pricing and have a pricing guarantee. Please let me know if theres anything we can help with.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchdabomb22 View Post
very happy with my h&s, im still in warranty and just did the full exhaust.
have you been too ford too have any work done??
Old 12-27-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
have you been too ford too have any work done??

Yes, i just had one of my injectors replaced under warranty, went in there with the h&s mounted on the dash and a 5" exhaust,i turned the tune down to 0 power, they never said a word. How ever there arent many dpf delete 6.4s in my area so maybe i just got a good tech who appreciated what had been done. Most of them are cool with it, when i had my old tuner on my truck the guy called me and said" hey we have an update out for your truck, i saw you have a tuner, do you want us to flash it" i simply said no thanks, il get the update later. Keep in mind this was the same time ford was replacing my recalled injectors.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

sounds like i need to find a good tech too talk too before i do anything!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
sounds like i need to find a good tech too talk too before i do anything!
Your a wise man.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchdabomb22 View Post
. Good choice with H&s , you wont have to transfer the sensors at all so if you do have a problem its an easy swap back on
You don't have to swap the Senors anymore with a Spartan Set up ether
Old 12-28-2010, 04:07 PM

Wow the tech guys in Grand Forks ND would never let us pass with a programmer! your a lucky guy dude!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.