Is the Spatan really necessary?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is the Spatan really necessary??

I just purchased my first diesel truck last week and just so you guys know, I freakin love it!!! I got a 2008 F250 4X4 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L. The truck is lifted 6 inches, with some nice chrome rims and 35 inch AT tires. So far I'm getting anywhere from 15.5-16.6 mpg on the highway with the only mod being a Bullydog cold air system. I am satisfied with the mpg and power that this thing has but I would still like to see some more mpg's, like I have been reading about and the extra HP and torque would'nt hurt either. After the first of the year, when my income tax check arrives, I want to add a DPF Delete exhaust system and a tuner.
Everything that I have read so far, tells me that the Spartan system is the very best out there but I am wondering if the extra $$ money I would have to spend, would be worth it. I'm not trying to have the most horsepower/torque numbers, 1/4 mile time ect... and I'm not too worried about the warranty because my truck has 82,000 miles on it now. My main goal is to get some more mpg's and have a system that won't damage my truck. I have seen other systems out there for half the price and wanted to know if any of you guys had experiance or knowledge with them?? I am considering the following systems instead of the Spartan:

Superchips DPF delete exhaust and 4 level tuner
Edge race evolution 4 level tuner with a DPF delete exaust
SCT Livewire Extreme and DPF Delete exhaust
H&S Mini Max DPF Delete chip and DPF Delete exhaust

I understand that the Spartan is most likely the best because of the best HP,Torque, ect... numbers but if mpg's and reliability are what you are after, will these other kits do the trick??

Thanks in advance for the replies!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I have a spartan and I absolutely love it!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I dont have a spartan but I have heard nothing but good things about them when it comes to the 6.4L. I would narrow it down to Spartan or H&S, i know H&S makes a top notch product also....decision time
Old 12-12-2010, 04:02 PM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
They will all work great for you. They just won't all have the bells and whistles the Spartan does. Just getting the exhaust opened up and stopping the regen will make your truck much happier even if you only ran a stock hp tune. FWIW I would still recommend the Spartan if you plan on keeping the truck a while because it seems like alot of people that buy simpler programmers end up selling and still getting the Spartan.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
Just get it you will be happy.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:13 PM
a truck

If you want a dashdaq for spartan tunes I have one for sale for 650 shipped you would just have to pay the fee to get it re licensed by spartan
Old 12-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Spartan and H&S are by far the most popular. Spartan makes the most HP iirc. The Edge Evo race CTS is nice. That's what I have and I had no complaint about it. Makes all the power I need. Let us know who you choose to go with.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for the quick replies guys!!! I'm gonna keep reading up on these things and try to learn all I can.
Matt, I might take you up on that offer but it will probely be February or so until I'm ready to buy. My wife is all ready about to kill me for all the spending I've done on my motorcycles and new truck!! Heres a pic of my baby:
Attached Thumbnails
Is the Spatan really necessary??-2008-f250-hd-edition.jpg  
Old 12-12-2010, 04:47 PM
a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Spartan and H&S are by far the most popular. Spartan makes the most HP iirc. The Edge Evo race CTS is nice. That's what I have and I had no complaint about it. Makes all the power I need. Let us know who you choose to go with.
Im pretty sure innovative has put down the highest numbers on just a tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman848 View Post
Thanks for the quick replies guys!!! I'm gonna keep reading up on these things and try to learn all I can.
Matt, I might take you up on that offer but it will probely be February or so until I'm ready to buy. My wife is all ready about to kill me for all the spending I've done on my motorcycles and new truck!! Heres a pic of my baby:
Sounds good.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Thats a good looking truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.