SCT tuner and delete pipe question-Help Please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 03:42 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT tuner and delete pipe question-Help Please

Okay, So I am doing my dpf/doc delete tonight and I got the exhaust out and am taking the sensors out. My question is I got 3 of the 4 out. The three that basically look like the same prob came out fine. The forth prob kind of has to parts to it. When you unbolt it from the exhaust flange the sensor will come off the prob pot and then it looks like you need to unscrew the rest of the prob from the exhaust pipe. That is were my problem is. I can't get that to come out it keeps binding up. River City Diesel said I don't need to put the sensors back in the pipe but that I need to plug them back in and tie rap them up out of the way. My question is do I need to get that prob pot out and on the sensor in order for it to run right or can I just plug the sensor in without the other part and be fine since the sensor is pluged back in?

Sorry if this is confusing I'm trying to be as descriptive as I can.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2010, 07:55 AM

Well I found the answer to my question! I just pluged the sensor only in and all works great!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

post up your results when your done and had a chance to drive it.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

hows the sct tuner working , what tuner did you get ? I am thinking of doing that to mine
Old 12-12-2010, 05:19 PM

This was my post in another thread. I've only had it on for 4 days but I love it. It is better in every way!

I just installed my SCT tuner and deletes from River City Diesel 2 nights ago and LOVE it! I am only running the 450 economy/tow tune and it has tons more power and I love the new shifting. I have an 09 F250 cc with 355 gears and normally get around 13 in town and 17-18 on the interstate hand calculated. In the winter my mpg goes down because I leave it idle a lot more. So I was showing around 11 on my lie o meter when i pulled in my garage to do the delete and tune. The next day I drove it like i always do letting it idle and all and by the end of the day I was showing around 14 mpg. Same tank of fuel and did not reset the gauge. I haven't gotten on the interstate yet or started a new tank of fuel yet. I am really pleased with my setup and River city diesel. This is my company work truck so fuel economy/tow was my main focus.

Also you don't have to put the sensors back in the delete pipe for sct tuner either.

My 450 economy/tow tune is a custom tune by River City Diesel.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

nice, can you leave the sensors unplugged or did you get something to plug into them from RCD?
Old 12-12-2010, 05:38 PM

I have the sensors plugged back in but they are not in the pipe.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

is there a model number on the Sct programer that you got and how many different programs are there that you can change I have a 2010 F250 with 3.55 gears I would like to do a dpf delete and a sct program
Old 12-14-2010, 07:08 PM

I have the SCT livewire. It comes with three preloaded tunes already on the tuner....but i would stay away from those and any other preloaded tunes. Preloaded tunes are a tune for all specified trucks and every truck responses and acts different. If you give River City Diesel a call they can hook you up with any tune for your specific truck. I plan on doing a write up soon on my setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.