Innovative Diesel SCT Tuning - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2010, 06:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Innovative Diesel SCT Tuning

Just to give people a description of Eric's tuning for something other than all out race. I tow with my truck, so I leave the tow tune with firmer shifting and TC lock in my truck all the time. I have towed a little since I have had it, but not to the Beach. For me to get to the beach I take 33-166-101 in central CA.
The climbing of the hills will put a stress on any tow vehicle.
Once you get on 166 it is a climb. 2-3% starting out gradually getting to 7% in about 8-10 miles. The the 6-7% for about 6 miles. After that is is a lot of up downs like driving in the mountains all the way to 101. I think this drive is harder than going north or south on I-5 over the grapevine.
Well the truck did great. Just have a 4" delete, 4" MBRP and Eric's tune. It was a little cooler than normal, low 40's climbing the grades, so that will help make some power. Pulled the filter minder in to about 50% which surprised me.
I tow a 09 3912 Cyclone - 18000 GVWR. Loaded with everything for a 10 day trip. Full water, 1/3 full of both grey tanks and black tank (Wanted to wash them out). No toys in the garage though.
I held the truck at 53-54 by the top of the 7%, hitting the bottom of the 7% at 55. So it didnt drop much. You have a stop sign at the bottom of the 2-3%, so you cant get a huge run at it.
Max Temps (Starting the 2-3% section the truck did not shift into OD)
235 Oil
222 Coolant (Biggest difference was 13 between the 2)
1250 EGT
195 Tranny (TC stays locked a lot, which is really nice.)
Boost 40 range (During the climbs it was 35, 40 was with it holding OD climbing the hills following the main grade)
Most of the time the difference between the Oil and Coolant temps were in the 5-6 range. I think the 13 was just caused by the higher RPM. Once crested the top they both went back to the 5-6 difference.
So i am very satisfied with Eric's tow tunes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

awesome so how much HP is the Tow tune and what did eric put in if any, and is it the touch screen extreme, that's what I want and I tow a 20,000 lb boat.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:35 AM

That would be a question for Eric, I dont know. Stock to now is about a 8 mph gain going up the same grade though with less on the go pedal. I would bet mostly it is tranny programming. I would drop to about 42-43 on the same grade with the pedal being pushed through the floor. Reason I said 8 mph gain is the weather was cooler and the fan never went on high which takes a lot of power away,
There is some power added just dont know how much.
I use the Edge Insight for gauges, so I have the Livewire, but Eric does have both.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:14 PM

Cool 65HP Tow Tune

Eric advertises a 65 horsepower increase over stock with his tow tune. His advertising numbers are accurate as far as I am concerned. I run the Extreme Street tune and I dyno'd at almost 500hp. You can trust his numbers, his tuning and his customer service!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:26 AM

Forgot to add my truck has 4.88's also.
Eric tuned my 6.0 when I had it. He did great on that is the reason I went with him again. I trust him and he has always been honest with me!!!
What else can you ask for.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:50 AM

what is the mpg difference? I got a friend with a 450 and 4.88's looking to do a dpf delete
Old 11-28-2010, 12:33 PM

The trip from my house to Fresno to do everything - 11.7
The way home - 14.9
This is driving between 60-65 the entire time.
It is Hwy. 33-41 into Fresno if you want to look into the roads.
Towing to Pismo Stock - 6.5-7 range all the time.
This time about 9.8, might be a little less driving home.
Both I could tell just by how much the fuel gauge moved, or didnt move I should say.
Around town still sucks, but I dont drive that much without the trailer so I dont mind.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

that tranny temp is on the line that i would NOT want to cross, never mine looked again got engine oil and tranny mixxed
Old 11-29-2010, 06:11 AM

200 is not even close to what I would worry about in tranny temp. I would start to worry a little at 225. 230 start backing out of it. But the way the tranny tune works, I dont think I would hit it.
The oil had me a little nervous, I am sure it will be hotter than that in the summer, we shall see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.