lope idle problem..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lope idle problem.....

Hey guys I went out to my truck today and started it up and after it idled for about a minute it started to lope slightly once it entered high idle mode.. I then bliped the throttle to drop it out of high idle and it stoped and then started again while it was idling normally. It revs up smoothly and everything...it was running the spartan 275 tune, its pouring rain and about 40 degrees outside. do you think this might have anything to do with it? Im changing to a non-race tune to see if that helps. any thoughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2010, 10:05 PM

no one????
Old 11-29-2010, 05:38 AM

Did you find out anything about this? Same thing happened to me Friday night. It was in the upper 30's here. No rain.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:42 AM

Spartan 250 tune, weird issue at idle
Old 11-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Probably rail pressure surge at idle during cold weather. Nothing to be concerned about.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to foursixtysix
I run the 275 and think I've been having the same thing with my truck. Sometimes it idles smooth and normal, other times it will randomly lope for a second, and a couple times at idle it has kept a small lope. I can hear it, and tell the truck is rocking side to side when it happens. Looked it up on this forum and spartans and haven't seen that is anything to be concerned with. I have been meaning to reload the tune but haven't got around to it.

Say, you're not having a different turbo sound are you? I'm also having like a turbo shutter in 3rd gear around 20-30 psi. It kinda sounds like the turbos are bouncing off a rev limiter yet they continue to bulid boost No power loss or anything and I'm pretty sure my foots not bouncing on the petal. Its also intermittent like the lope.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:27 AM

Not the OP here, and I only run 250hp tune, but I don't think I have the turbo issues you are referring to. But yeah, sometimes the idle does the lope thing, sometimes it doesn't. My truck has just been running like $hit all together lately. Maybe its winter fuel, or something. I was towing my trailer over the weekend, which is less than 5K lbs, and it seemed like I really had to stand on the long skinny pedal to get it to move. ...and my shifting is all over the place.... I think I need to re-load the tune too. Actually, I need to do the whole V2 upgrade thing and tune update, but.... that whole motivation thing...
Old 12-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ran the sp 250 tune for 2 yrs and it did this all the time when in high idle. it didn't give me any trouble, but sounded like crap. i recently purchased the kem 345 tune and the loping is gone, idles nice and smooth now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.