Wife wants more power for her Truck, Suggestions please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wife wants more power for her Truck, Suggestions please

Hello all,

I recently purchased a 08 f250 super duty for the wife, She has enjoyed driving the truck for the last couple of months, but now she thinks that it needs a little more "power"

The first thing I thought about was getting rid of the dpf. Now I have researched on here on the various things to do however I am NOT looking to increase the power subtantially on this truck because I don't want to get the phone call from her that she just put the truck in the ditch

anyway, is there tuning software that is out there that will only increase the power marginally ? price to be considered here as well.

On a side note, she also said that she wants the truck lifted ( I have no idea what her deal is lately). Do any of you have any suggestions on lifting this truck say 4 inches ?

Got to keep the wife happy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'd say throw a spartan on it with the 310 tune , a 4" lift with some 35s or 37s depending on her style, Make sure the insurance covers the cost of the vehicle and let her go to town!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Premium Member

Most of the tuners offer tunes with the dpf on with 40 to 150 hp increase. There is a debate if leaving the dpf on will cause more regens, causing more fuel in the crankcase etc. I would delete the dpf, if only to get the damn fuel out of the crankcase. Hope this helps
Old 11-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well the problem is that she tried to race me, when I was in my evo ( the car runs 128 mph in 1/4) and ofcourse I can't let my wife beat me,

can you put 35 inch tires on the stock 20 inch rims ?

In regards to the 4 inch lift, can this be accomplished by spacer blocks ? or do I have to do more elaborate things. ( I apologise for the newb questions, I am used to slamming cars to the floor , not the other way around)

The last thing I want is for the oil to undergo dilution due to regens, So pyronite, you suggest getting the dpf delete and "lower" tune ?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:31 PM

You'd be surprised how close she'd hang with you in a big truck with that spartan. As for the lift the front of the truck will need a suspension kit, or you can do coil spacers which would probably only level the truck out. PMF makes some really nice 4 link set ups that i hear ride smoother than stock suspension. Trevor hall is who you'd want to get in touch with about those kits he's on here, his user name is NOTSTOCK. or you could get a kit from superlift, rough country, fabtech etc.... As for the rear. you can put leaf springs in that are for the size of the lift or you can put lift blocks under your springs. I'd go with traction blocks personally, They're lift blocks with traction bars built in. and yes you can mount 35s on the stock rim. They actually look good with an aggressive mud tire on them
Old 11-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSTROKIN' View Post
You'd be surprised how close she'd hang with you in a big truck with that spartan. As for the lift the front of the truck will need a suspension kit, or you can do coil spacers which would probably only level the truck out. PMF makes some really nice 4 link set ups that i hear ride smoother than stock suspension. Trevor hall is who you'd want to get in touch with about those kits he's on here, his user name is NOTSTOCK. or you could get a kit from superlift, rough country, fabtech etc.... As for the rear. you can put leaf springs in that are for the size of the lift or you can put lift blocks under your springs. I'd go with traction blocks personally, They're lift blocks with traction bars built in. and yes you can mount 35s on the stock rim. They actually look good with an aggressive mud tire on them
thank you for that information, I appreciate it
Old 11-22-2010, 01:03 PM

Not a problem pal, hope you get it all figured out! That thing should look awesome with some Lift and tires on it!!

Here's a truck that should be the same depending on color about halp way down this page. as6.4stroke. It has a 3" lift and 37s just for an idea of how it'll look
Old 11-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

For your tuner call Aron he is with DPF Deletes and is a sponsor on here. They carry all the tuners and have great customer service. He will go over each of them to hepl pick the best one for you and the wife. Hope this helps.
-Mike
Old 11-22-2010, 04:28 PM

A lot of guys are running 35's with no lift, stock wheels.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:43 PM

wait she has a big ole diesel truck and your stuck with a lil whimpy car?? Ahahahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.