Installing DPF/Cat delete pipes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 09:32 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Installing DPF/Cat delete pipes

I just want to make so I know what I am doing before jumping into this.

The cat is forward of the dpf right? They are both joined by a 7 bolt flange right? The cat is located pretty might right next to the lower control arm?

How the hell do you get the rubber deal off the exhaust hanger to drop the pipe - any special tricks? Are the delete pipes supported by anything once installed? I am pretty sure I know what is what underneath the truck but I just want to make sure.

Also, I know 1 sensor is not coming out but instead of buying a new sensor I thought of having all sensor bungs welded and just getting a custom tune - any exhaust shop should be able to do this pretty cheap right?

I think that is all I have for now.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes, that is the cat and the DPF is right behind it.

You dont need to remove the rubber adapter, you slide the exhaust hanger out of it which is attached to the exhaust pipe. It is MUCH easier if you spray the hanger with WD40 or other lube.

Im not sure what you are asking for the last question. You need DPF delete tuning if you plan on pulling the cat/DPF. If it is anything other than H&S, you will need the sensors back in the delete pipe(s). If you are having troubles with a sensor, put some heat to it. If that doesnt work, you will need to replace a Pyro sensor and/or buy a new pressure sensor adapter depending on which one is giving you trouble.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:30 AM

The sensor in the DPF I know that one is not coming out - I have tried it and I also know that it cost about 45 bucks - I was hoping to just take the pipes in to a shop have them weld a plug in the sensor bungs and then get a tune written that overrides the need for them. I thought Mike at KEM said he could do that in a previous conv. I had with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.