SCT Livewire Likes to get smacked around.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT Livewire Likes to get smacked around..

Well today I went to change the program on my truck, when I plugged it in, all it would say was detecting memory. I was like what the crap. So busted my phone out went to google, some goof ball I guess had the idea before me of slapping it face down a few times something about a chip inside will work its way loose and banging it face down will re seat it in. Well at first it did not work the alert light would stay red I was like oh hell I have done it now. So then I was already ticked and put a little ssa behind the banging of it with the frustration of a several hundred dollars I could possibly be dumping into the trash, plugged it back in and guess what the thing is working again. I have been thinking about switching to another brand any how. Any suggestions. I was leaning towards spartan but I want something I can fully customize myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2010, 05:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Hello Sir
Give us a call and what we can do is set up a RA for that device to come in and get fixed. The detecting memory error is when the memory card pops out of the board a little and the only way to fix it is for the device to come in.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I beat it around for a few seconds I guess I managed to get it to reset. If it happens again I for sure will send it. Do you offer custom tunes also?
Old 11-16-2010, 06:26 AM

Alright sir keep me posted. No we dont make any custom tunes here but you can contact any SCT dealer and they can make you a custom tune for that truck.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yes I know but what really blows is you have to return everything to factory. I don't see why with all the technology you just can't send it in and they wont loose your factory settings. Versus having the truck down for a few days witch is not an option for me or return everything to factory.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:59 AM

For the detecting memory issue we dont have to have the vehicle returned back to stock to fix the issue and if we needed to replace anything we can always make you a stock recovery file for this vehicle.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You should be able to send it into Innovative and they should be able to load tunes onto it while your truck is programmed.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Turning diesel into noise

I am having the same issue with my SCT Livewire...I am scared that it is something else because I returned my truck to stock, shut it off in heated storage and unhooked the batteries for the past year while I was in Afghanistan again.

I hooked up the batteries and the truck fired to life a few minutes idling and it ran like pretty good. I then plugged in my Livewire and it sat there saying "Detecting Memory...." I am going to try and call SCT in the morning hopefully it is only the chip unseating...weird because it was never moved out of the center consul of the truck.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

On something soft or firm tap it face down a few times if it doesn't work do it again and of it still doesn't chunk it out and get a h&s like I did. I'm in love with h&s.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It is just the card ubnseated, there is a SD card in there that looses connection, just call SCT they will give you an RA number and directions on sending, there is no charge no matter how old the device is, they changed the manufacturing of it so the newer ones do not have this issue, but they tape it, siper glue it and do everything they can to make sure it does not happen again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.