Guys with the 300 tune - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Guys with the 300 tune

I have heard nothing but great thing about this tune, but just wondering has anyone notice any mpg gains from the lower tunes? I really want this tune but coming up with a extra 400 dollars is a little hard right now. Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2010, 03:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to younggun55
I wouldn't waste 400 dollars on it IMO, ya it's a good tune, but not worth the money, I drove it for a little while then went back to the 310
Old 11-10-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggun55 View Post
I wouldn't waste 400 dollars on it IMO, ya it's a good tune, but not worth the money, I drove it for a little while then went back to the 310
So you think just spend the 300 for the 275 & 310 tune huh? What did you not like about it or were you just used to the 310 tune? I heard it makes almost the exact same amount of power as the 310 but shifts a lot smoother. But I was really concern what mpg improvement will I see over the 250 tune.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

$400 gets you the 275, 300, 310, and all of the EGR delete tunes.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to younggun55
You'll see a SLIGHT mpg increase with the 310 over the 250, if your after mileage I would stick with what you have, because it's going to take a long time to recoop that money in fuel savings. If you want to have fun and go to the strip and stuff and have one of the quickest diesels in town, spend the money and get the race tunes from either spartan or KEM.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
$400 gets you the 275, 300, 310, and all of the EGR delete tunes.
Well I would get is the 275, 300, 310 tune cause my other tunes already came with the EGR delete.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggun55 View Post
You'll see a SLIGHT mpg increase with the 310 over the 250, if your after mileage I would stick with what you have, because it's going to take a long time to recoop that money in fuel savings. If you want to have fun and go to the strip and stuff and have one of the quickest diesels in town, spend the money and get the race tunes from either spartan or KEM.
Beating sports cars in a 8k plus pound truck is always fun. And I am a speed junkie which is not always a good thing.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:30 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
im just waiting for them to finish up the job 1 files. but IMO, i would say go for it! there wont be a dramatic increase in fuel mileage, but that tune is just too much fun. i love finding a guy around here that thinks he has the fast cummins around and then whoopin up on him. theres nothing like it.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08spartan250 View Post
im just waiting for them to finish up the job 1 files. but IMO, i would say go for it! there wont be a dramatic increase in fuel mileage, but that tune is just too much fun. i love finding a guy around here that thinks he has the fast cummins around and then whoopin up on him. theres nothing like it.
Yeah I agree. Next week I will be buying the 275,300,310 tune plus a downpipe and CAC piping. Can't wait till everything will come in. Getting everything from Rudy diesel performance. So anyone in the DFW want to help out a fellow member with the downpipe.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Dually Dog

I installed the 300 tune and the TCM on Saturday and love it so far. I have been running the 275 dd for about 20000 miles and my mpg went from 11 to 17 mpg on my F350 dually, I don't know any milage on the 300 but I love the shifting, and the power got a lot better after changing out the stock wheels and tires I had lost a little power due to the bigger wheels and tires but the 300 helped a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.