egr delete ??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 06:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
egr delete ???

I was thinking about doing an egr delete from dirty diesel customs for $400. I then saw that there are blocker plates for like $40. Are there any additional benefits of doing the $400 kit? Does the intake elbow make a big difference? I dont plan on running huge tunes. Just the h&s minimaxx. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2010, 04:50 PM

not sire what the entire kit, i run the block off plates, i think thats all you need, never have had a problem since, love my truck to death youl like the tuner alot.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:33 PM

How hard are the plates to install? Can I do it in my driveway in an afternoon. What else do I need? I have a Spartan tuner already. Anything specical I need to do with it?
Old 11-02-2010, 06:40 PM

Ya you could. Do it in your driveway in im guessing 45 min or less.... u just pop the fenders off and your there... I will get u a link to a thread on a complete install. Guy did a great job laying it out.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Not the fender the fender well. Pull it out and you will see the first place. The second is under hood. 1hr job tops. I have a set but am now taking my truck to mpd this Friday for complete delete kit. I want the wastegate for safety. I know people who have blown gaskets towing and driving with a heavy foot. Plates build up too much pressure and the egr works as a factory wastegate so if you block it it won't releive pressure. I had no issues but now with new motor and arp studs I'm not going to take the chAnce esspecially when the egr cooler was the cause of the demise of my old motor.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:52 AM

so is there any benefits to the $400 kit compared to the block off plates? Better air flow? Better mpg's?
Old 11-09-2010, 10:42 AM

i dont see one, some people just like it off there truck, personally i say save the 400 for your next mod.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:45 AM

so with just the block off plates you cant remove the coolers?
Old 11-09-2010, 11:11 AM

i just blocked it off and left it all how it was. HAvent had a problem since.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

See how long it takes to pop this motor. Ford uses the factory egr system to wastgate excessive cylinder pressure. If you block this off then eventually you will lift a head. Not to mention your egts are crazy high. Ask this guy to log his egts on wot run. The advantage of removing the plates besides mpg, faster spool up, lower egts, is also the security of lifting a head. I'm pretty that the dirty diesel kit for 400 doesn't come with a wastgate either. Elites is 1299 and so is rudys. Mine from mpd was 1250. 2000 installed. And I also did arp studs. It's your call but also your motor. Oh and it will make crazy high boost and wear out the turbos to. They only flow so much oil and move so much air before they get too hot and become inneficiant. I'm sure this guy will say I'm wrong but then again he's running plates and says sAve your money for other stuff that doesn't fail all the time. 7 of the 14 6.4 fleet trucks I have at work have lost engines due to egr failures and they are all under 100k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.