Unlocked & Relicensed Spartan Tuner up to 310hp w/TCM FOR SALE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unlocked & Relicensed Spartan Tuner up to 310hp w/TCM FOR SALE

Hey guys, I may be unloading my UNLOCKED and RELICENSED Phalanx DashDaq XL tuner w/TCM Module and all tunes up to 310hp. I am in the process of having it relicensed and the TCM reflashed by Spartan for my new truck but have decided to curb the hp to 250 for reliability concerns, so I don't need the big tunes or the TCM anymore. So you'd be getting a DashDaq tuner in perfect shape that has just come back from Spartan, relicensed with up to 310hp TCM tunes AND the TCM module...never installed in any truck since the relicense. If my math is correct it's over $2500 worth of stuff. Make me some offers and I'll see if its feasible for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2010, 02:40 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Down side is spartan sold it to you. So whoever buys it would get zero support for future updates without paying spartan $1100+ for the relicense,tcm reflash again,then they would have to buy the 275 and 310 tune because they are not transferable.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrstang473 View Post
Down side is spartan sold it to you. So whoever buys it would get zero support for future updates without paying spartan $1100+ for the relicense,tcm reflash again,then they would have to buy the 275 and 310 tune because they are not transferable.
Not true, not what Spartan told me yesterday. I discussed with them the possibility of using the setup in someone else's truck as long as I don't put it on mine. They said as long as I don't plug it in to a truck beforehand it will be ready to go for someone else if I decide not to use it. What would they care as long it's not stolen and they get there fees whether I do it or the next guy does? Makes no difference to them as long as it's unused. As far as support they were more then helpful to me when I had bought a used tuner in the past and most issues are addressed in their forums anyway which they recommend to check first. I am going to confirm all of this again with them before selling to anyone... once again shoot me some offers guys.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrstang473 View Post
Thats not true. The person who buys it will not have to pay anything. When he gets it back it is the same as buying a brand new one. It will become locked again after it is installed on a truck. I have always received first class service from Spartan.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:42 AM
Serving Our Country!

you may want to look at this thread
Spartan, Spartan, Spartan........
Old 10-29-2010, 05:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

so they don't lock the tuner to your vin an till you hook it to a truck. I thought they needed you vin to make the tunes and to lock it to that vin, locking the tuner to that vin befor its installed?
Old 10-29-2010, 06:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Here we go again.... Shoulda just posted this in the classifieds section and all the bickering by the "nutswingers" woulda been avoided....
Old 10-29-2010, 06:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablos30 View Post
Different situation....Jeff says this on the first page "The tunes on the tuner are for another truck, and it sounds like to me that he bought it before we offered the strategy flash tunes....which means that the tunes will only work for the original buyers truck"

Mine is the newer Stategy flash tuner so the above isn't an issue...
Old 10-29-2010, 06:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleE44 View Post
Here we go again.... Shoulda just posted this in the classifieds section and all the bickering by the "nutswingers" woulda been avoided....
I am fearing this very thing lol

The thread linked above intrigued me so I kept reading, here is another member posting the SAME situation as mine:

In doing mine I found a previosuly owned but never used dashdaq that was sent back to Spartan by the owner and Angela and Mick made sure it was indeed ready for and I talked to them and they confirmed that I would not have to pay any fees at all. So, I'm pretty pumped and can't wait to get this thing hooked up.

Now back on track, Make me offers!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablos30 View Post
I have the old style tuner and it is the same as the new ones. Once it has been plugged into the O/B port it is locked to that truck. The one in that thread had to be plugged in to get the tunes from spartan. It does not matter that the tunes where never loaded to the truck or not. I hope this helps clear up some misinformed information.
-Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.