Superchips Cortex - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 11:15 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Superchips Cortex

Is anyone running Superchips Cortex tuner? + 114 HP and +206 ft lbs torque. And get this...

Cortex is also the only programmer on the market that comes with an industry exclusive two-year vehicle powertrain warranty.

Not saying I'm going to buy one just wanted to get some opinions especially if there is a warranty with it. I'm still new to diesels so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.superchips.com/#pn=onlin...true&vfid=1137
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I think most people would agree that tuning these 6.4 without removing the dpf is a waste of money. I had an edge juice on my 08 and really did'nt notice any mpg improvments and only slight power increase. On my 10 I put a superchips racing tuner with doc/dpf delete and it's a totally different truck.(offroad ofcourse). I believe there is a warrenty with the racing tuner also not positive though.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:26 PM

No warranty on the racing tuner but I would like to know what kind of mileage increase you are seeing? The total cost for doing the dpf delete with this tuner is significantly lower then most I've seen except for SCT. thanks

Last edited by TBentley; 10-12-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have only put 1000miles on with this tuner so far the first tank on tuner I got 16.4mpg hauling alot of lumber, and stop and go. The second tank I got 17.5mpg hauling hand calculated. I think this number would be quite a bit better strictly hwy and unloaded. This is on the level 2 tune I do not know if the bigger tunes would be better or not, but they certainly are fast. Either way this is much better than stock and no more regen.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:23 PM

i had one in my 08 for 50k first 20k mileage was better 17-18mpg and so was performance, next 20k mileage dropped to around stock 14-15mpg still good performance, last 10k before i dropped the dpf and switched to spartan mileage sucked, 10-12mpg. the dpf was plugged would go into regen every 100kms
with the extra hp means extra fuel and more regens while your dpf is new and in good shape it works good after it starts to coke up it goes bad fast
imo save for the dpf delete they are way less traceable than the superchips if you need warrenty work too

as for the superchips warrenty read the fine print you take it to one of their recomended shops, you pay for the work, they decide if and how much they reemburse you, but they have so many loop holes i cant see anything ever getting paid out.
anyways sorry for the long post
Old 10-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

What about superchips race tuner with DPF delete. anyone try that one?Am thinking about it for my dually, not wanting big power(got that on 08) just wanting DPF gone.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have been giving updates on the racing tuner so far so good trying to get more miles before a final review.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couch View Post
I have been giving updates on the racing tuner so far so good trying to get more miles before a final review.
How is the trans shift?
Old 11-15-2010, 05:19 PM

anything new
Old 11-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Sorry been busy at work. I have approx 6000mi on tuner now best mileage I have hand calculated every tank since I put the tuner on was 19.5mpg almost all hwy 60-62mph unloaded. Worst I've seen was 16.9, but this was mostly loaded and more city driving. City driving seems to really decrease milage and I would bet all city you would probably only see 14-15mpg. I have run the save tune all but one day which I downloaded their adenaline tune which is the biggest, and the power is there I can't compare to the other tuners, but for street I think it would be a great tune if you did'nt haul much. As for as tranny shifting it is firm, but not break your teeth so. I would say the tc locks out a little early on the save tune, but I realize this is for maximum milage. Overall I'm very happy with the tuner I think it's a viable option for those that do not have 1500 to spend on a tuner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.