Questions about my 6.4L - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Questions about my 6.4L

I have a 2008 F250. It is stock right now and has 39K miles. Im only getting 12mpg. I want to improve my mpg and was wondering what would be the best/safest way. I want to get a DPF delete and wanted to know if it would cause any problems, make any caution lights come on, or avoid warranty? Thanks for all the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 09:09 PM

Do a DPF delete with a tuner.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:57 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
do a delete and tune it. it will run great and improve mpg and be a lot faster. you cant be covered under warranty with a tune and dpf removed so you will have to take it back to stock when you go to dealerships.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:13 AM

yupp, i would just do a delete pipe and a tuner so if you need to go in for warranty you can swap it back on!, check out your options with tuners and " not being able to be picked up by dealerships" most people on here go spartan or h&s, but edge and others make nice tuners too.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:21 PM

Go with an H&S or Spartan tuner for the best results. Pair that with a Flo-Pro or AFE exhaust kit and you have an excellent package. Feel free to give me a holler with any questions.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:45 PM

theres a few good ones out there, but my opinion would be to go with spartan or H&S. i may be a little bias but i say spartn. the power gains are just insane and they are the least detectable by dealerships. i may or may not have returned mine back to stock, taken it to the dealership and had three computers hooked up, and not been detected. and when you decide to get one, i would 100% by from nate at performance truck products. hes a straight shooting guy and will give you the best deal you will find and top notch customer service!f whenever i need another mod i will be going back to him!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:52 PM

I'd say for fuel mileage choose sct with IDP tunes.. A dashdaq w/ erics tunes would be the perfect setup
Old 10-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had tried two different dealerships last week since I had a 5k service coming up. Both said, you do anything, we'll find a way to void just about any warranty work. Decide to just get an appointment at one closet to my work. During the appointment scheduling, the assistant service manager told me if I bring it to them for all scheduled maintenance and warranty work, they won't say a word. Just put the CAT/DPF back on before coming in and leave the intake on. Needless to say I was so happy, I ordered my stuff. He told me there was only one instance where they could not cover an issue associated to an aftermarket part. The guy soaked the filter too much and basically shorted the mass air sensor. They ate the labor, guy had to buy the sensor. While he did not state specifically, ford might be providing incentives to dealers for finding faults that will void the warranty on these 6.4L. Check around, you will find a dealer that is interested in servicing your vehicle to keep you coming back...

Sig
Old 10-11-2010, 07:16 PM

thats awesome. im really surprised he came out and said that. most of them do what they first told you. the one time i had to take it in, i was asked 5 times in about 3 minutes if i had a tuner on it. when i told them no, they said if i did they would find it. the only dealership i've heard say they will work on it even though its modded is one up in the panhandle in a really small town. they said if they were slow, they didnt care if you had nos on it, they would still work on it.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08spartan250 View Post
thats awesome. im really surprised he came out and said that. most of them do what they first told you. the one time i had to take it in, i was asked 5 times in about 3 minutes if i had a tuner on it. when i told them no, they said if i did they would find it. the only dealership i've heard say they will work on it even though its modded is one up in the panhandle in a really small town. they said if they were slow, they didnt care if you had nos on it, they would still work on it.
Thats what im saying.. If i were a dealership owner they better work on everything and bring that money in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.