Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Black Maxx installed!!!

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Stroke4Fun 
#1 ·
I just got around to installing the Black maxx last night and run the hot setting shifting was fuuny at first like H&S said it would be but it adapted fast then shifting was smooth! Power felt good maybe not as strong as the 250 tune i was running then this morning the loaded the hot damn file race shift and 45mph lock up that felt allot better pulls very hard after the lock up probably better than the 250 tune but thats based on the butt-o-meter!! Shifting is firm but smooth i have a question about the display to any who are running the hot damn tune i was unsure if i loaded the tunes on the sd card correct util i felt the shifting and converter lock point but the setting still says hot not hot damn is that the way it is? and what is the hot damn tune rated at 250 or 275 hp i read both so i am wondering the correct answer? :thumb::thumb: to H&S a nice tuner and a nice look!!
Chris

#2 ·
It will not say hot damn on the tuner. When the file is opened on your computer of will say hot damn though. Their website says 250 but on another thread they said it was a 275 tune.

#10 ·
IMHO the shifting on the black maxx feels more crisp have not had any misses the shift on the fly is a nice feature and the hot damn tune feels like somewhere between the 250-275 spartan tune tune. Not having to turn it on and off is a big plus also! It does not have all the parameters on the DD which i liked and no bigger tunes yet. The display is good the DD wins that area but it is a close thing to call. It's a matter of what you want both will do the job one better in certain ares than the other. So far the fuel mileage seems about the same with the hot damn and 250 tunes.
Chris

#11 ·
What kind of fuel mileage you getting? I currently run an EDGE EVO RACE, but have looked at the H/S. I dont really need any more HP, just curious how it would compair to what i get now. Im at the 140HP/260TQ tune, and get 17/22 on my EDGE. Thanks ahead, for your input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.