Banks Six/IQ with DPF on - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 06:55 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks Six/IQ with DPF on

For those of us the need/want our warranty and don't have any interest in removing the DPF, Pulling or Drag Racing what has been your experiance with the Banks Six Gun/ IQ besides being over priced, min. increase in mileage and only a hundred horse?

I tow only(15-20K) with mine and looking for feedback.

Danno
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2010, 03:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have talked with 2 dealerships in my area. ANY modifications, even an aftermarket intake, can be a basis for voiding your warranty. If you are going to change anything, may as well get the biggest bang for the buck. Also, that 6.4 is likely to last a whole lot longer without that re-gen crap on it (from what I have read)....

Sig
Old 10-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I want to hold my warranty too, thats why i went with the sct and dpf delete.. If i ever need to go back stock i can easily.. I bought mine for fuel mileage as i dont hardly tow and i dont race my truck either
Old 10-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoy View Post
I want to hold my warranty too, thats why i went with the sct and dpf delete.. If i ever need to go back stock i can easily.. I bought mine for fuel mileage as i dont hardly tow and i dont race my truck either
What kind of mileage improvements did you see? What's your gearing? I purposely bought 3.31 gearing for the better mpg. Currently hovering around 14 completely stock (was about 16 when I first got it, WTF!).

Sig
Old 10-09-2010, 08:23 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You will see hardly any mileage gains with the dpf crap still on and i hear running a tune with the dpf will clog it faster. i have 3.73 gears and get 20 open highway and about 18 with a little city mix but you ain't going to see those #'s undeleted!
Chris
Old 10-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had a Six Gun installed on my truck for over two years and I just removed it and installed a H&S Mini Maxx. You will not see any MPG improvements with the 6 Gunn and my truck went into regen twice per tank and that was with the 6 gun on level 4 and 5. It had a fair power increase, but I do not think it was what they are claiming. The only reason I removed it and bought the H&S was because I was tired of my truck regening and the bad fuel mileage. My truck got between 13.0 and 13.5 MPG unloaded on level 5 and 9.0 to 10 MPG pulling my 7000 lb trailer, this is in western PA. If you have any interest I will make you a good deal on a 6 gunn with the PDA and then you can upgrade to the IQ. All in all the banks is a fair tuner but it does not compare to the H&S, even when they are both set on the same horsepower levels (80hp).
Old 10-09-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec410 View Post
I had a Six Gun installed on my truck for over two years and I just removed it and installed a H&S Mini Maxx. You will not see any MPG improvements with the 6 Gunn and my truck went into regen twice per tank and that was with the 6 gun on level 4 and 5. It had a fair power increase, but I do not think it was what they are claiming. The only reason I removed it and bought the H&S was because I was tired of my truck regening and the bad fuel mileage. My truck got between 13.0 and 13.5 MPG unloaded on level 5 and 9.0 to 10 MPG pulling my 7000 lb trailer, this is in western PA. If you have any interest I will make you a good deal on a 6 gunn with the PDA and then you can upgrade to the IQ. All in all the banks is a fair tuner but it does not compare to the H&S, even when they are both set on the same horsepower levels (80hp).
Is the Mini Max for DPF delete only?

Dan
Old 10-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Have have DPF On tunes, but they do not recommend them. I was the same as you when I got my truck in 2007 and I didn't want to remove the DPF, but I got really tired of the truck going into regen and getting poor fuel mileage. The six gunn is easy to install, but having already used it and if you are worried about your warranty. I would not spend the money on it, as someone already stated, they can still void your warranty. The only thing, it is easier to put back to stock with the six gunn, because you don't have to remove the delete pipe and reinstall the DOC/DPF.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:00 PM

Max you will get with any DPF friendly tuner is going to be in the range of 1-3 MPG. Won't matter if it's Banks, Spartan, SCT or another with the DPF in place.

That being said. I've been running the Banks stuff since it first became available for our trucks. The Six-Gun is very solid, definitely a noticeable improvement over stock. Regens less then it did prior to installing and super easy to install/uninstall if need be. Mileage, as I said is the same as any other DPF friendly tuner. The iQ is super easy to use, everything is at your finger tips whether your stopped at a light or cruising at 70mph down the freeway. The Speed Brake is really cool, whether your towing a huge load or just cruising to work, the speed brake comes in handy in all situations. Highly recommend for anyone who uses their truck for towing.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Shaun,

I also, was one of the first to purchase and install the 6 gun and I was one of the originals that had shut down problems with the 6 gun. What level are you running and where are you located, because my regens did not decrease at all, my truck would regen at least twice per tank and if anything the regen was alittle more frequent with the 6 gunn installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.