Trying to decide on a tuner - HELP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trying to decide on a tuner - HELP

I am really looking at the H&S XRT and the SCT Livewire. I am not considering Spartan due to initial cost and additional costs for everything else. Not looking at the Black Maxx or Mini Maxx due to cost.

My truck is not a race truck so I don't need or want the bigger tunes. I want to remove the DPF and improve my mileage both with a trailer and w/o. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a tuner which is why I am looking at these 2.

SCT Live wire is not much more than the XRT - custom tunes as well as transmission tuning - XRT a little cheaper canned tunes w/ no tranny tuning. How important is the tranny tuning if I am only running the 80 or 120 tune and not beating on the truck? Also I know with the XRT I don't have to worry about the sensors, what about with the livewire, is that something that can be removed only through custom tuning?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 10-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 385
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Within in the next 2-4 weeks we will be releasing the XRT Pro, which will replace the current XRT. It will include trans tuning on the 6.4 Ford and will support the higher horsepower levels if you desire to load them (for free). $699 will be the price and it is transferable to Chevy and Dodge if you ever sell your ford and move to another brand.

Just a hint to what is coming down the road from us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Katy
Posts: 1,334
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&S Tech View Post
Within in the next 2-4 weeks we will be releasing the XRT Pro, which will replace the current XRT. It will include trans tuning on the 6.4 Ford and will support the higher horsepower levels if you desire to load them (for free). $699 will be the price and it is transferable to Chevy and Dodge if you ever sell your ford and move to another brand.

Just a hint to what is coming down the road from us.
Will it include the TPMS fix as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 10-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&S Tech View Post
Within in the next 2-4 weeks we will be releasing the XRT Pro, which will replace the current XRT. It will include trans tuning on the 6.4 Ford and will support the higher horsepower levels if you desire to load them (for free). $699 will be the price and it is transferable to Chevy and Dodge if you ever sell your ford and move to another brand.

Just a hint to what is coming down the road from us.
Actually just called in to yall and spoke with Robert, who was very helpful by the way and he told me about the Pro. As I understand it KEM will soon be able to write custom tunes for the black maxx and mini - is the XRT pro included in that?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 385
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Actually just called in to yall and spoke with Robert, who was very helpful by the way and he told me about the Pro. As I understand it KEM will soon be able to write custom tunes for the black maxx and mini - is the XRT pro included in that?

Thanks
Yes, KEM will likely have our software capabilities to write his own custom tunes for ALL of our Ford programmers. Details are still being worked on, but this is the direction we are going.

As far as TPMS, when we get around to it, ALL the platforms should be able to do the TPMS option. This is not set in stone yet, but i see no reason to not include the option on Black, Mini, and XRTPro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
will ya'll be making any higher tunes for the 6.4?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bear Creek,NC
Posts: 929
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to pistolpete837
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
I am really looking at the H&S XRT and the SCT Livewire. I am not considering Spartan due to initial cost and additional costs for everything else. Not looking at the Black Maxx or Mini Maxx due to cost.

My truck is not a race truck so I don't need or want the bigger tunes. I want to remove the DPF and improve my mileage both with a trailer and w/o. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a tuner which is why I am looking at these 2.

SCT Live wire is not much more than the XRT - custom tunes as well as transmission tuning - XRT a little cheaper canned tunes w/ no tranny tuning. How important is the tranny tuning if I am only running the 80 or 120 tune and not beating on the truck? Also I know with the XRT I don't have to worry about the sensors, what about with the livewire, is that something that can be removed only through custom tuning?

Thanks!

I have a two week old XRT for sale $525 shipped. PM if interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FYI, I just installed the SCT livewire extreme along with DPF and cat delete pipes and LOVE it!! I had it on trans mode only and did not see any real improvement on fuel mileage, but put it on extreme and the "fuel mileage indicator" went from 10 MPG to 16MPG. I will be doing the hand calc tomorrow to see exactly but it LOTS of HP and torque now. I guess i will run it on extreme all the time jsut in case i need some horses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The XRT Pro unit will be your best best , we are anxiously awaiting their arrival from H&S. They are going to be a great cost effective option for those wanting to delete their DPF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors