AFE stage 2 si fitment problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 02:24 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
AFE stage 2 si fitment problems

so, I went all out on my shiney new 2010 f250 and went with a minimaxx, afe flange back exhaust and the afe stage 2 si intake. Got the exhaust on yesterday, fitment was great, I just wish the instructions would have said to cut 16" from the #3 peice instead of making me do a mockup and measurement, and the instructions show the rear muffler hanger being flipped in a way that won't fit, but I just flipped it the reverse direction and it fit perfectly.
Went to go install the intake today and... wow, what a cluster-F absolutely no part of it fit correctly, the bolt holes for the MAF were a little too close, the elbow was a pain to fit under the EGR crap, I then had to bust out the sawzall to make the lower peice fit the duct coming from the fender. Evere after all that, I had trouble fitting the box and elbow together, the bolt holes for the box we not aligned very well.
I was fine with all this and just made it fit even though I don't want to MAKE anything fit on my brand new truck.
even the pcv hose seemed stretched too tight.

I really got pissed when I went to go install the metal tray on the front to guide air to the airbox. it just plain didn't fit. I tried to make it fit and I pushed the airbox back so far that the cap got popped off the connector for the cab.

just wondering if anyone else has had this experience and if they figured out how to make it fit. the only other option I can think of right now would be to cut more off the bottom of the airbox, since there is a possibility that the duct coming in could be raising the airbox some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yea the fit is bad,and i had the exact same thing happen to my plug, my cover broke in two,i have it zip tied to the wires now lol,anyway there was some major fab work done to mine to get it to fit too..it does flow the best.imo
Old 09-29-2010, 04:31 PM

Do they all fit this way?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I don't know a single person that has had an easy time with the new AFE Si intake, but you have to have it if you run aftermarket turbo's. You don't need it with stock turbo's though. The S&B and regular AFE Stage II intakes flow enough.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant250 View Post
yea the fit is bad,and i had the exact same thing happen to my plug, my cover broke in two,i have it zip tied to the wires now lol,anyway there was some major fab work done to mine to get it to fit too..it does flow the best.imo
did you cut the metal tray on the airbox side, that looks to be the best solution to me. BTW, what year is your truck? I'm wondering if there is something different on the '10 like those plugs or that lower duct peice because there is no way this setup was designed on the exact same layout.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:47 PM

One thing I do have to say though is all the peices, both exhaust and intake seem to be top quality, so I can't help but wonder if there was either a year change or a cab configuration problem, like maybe that battery tray and front cross member are slightly different between cab configurations or model, like maybe they made the kit on a f-450 or a regular carb, or something different than a 250CC. Maybe even the actual airbox location is different, in the small B&W pics in the instructions, I can't see those big cab connectors and if the connectors weren't there, the tray would fit perfectly.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:54 AM

Mines a 2008 and my intake was a pia to make work, I had to fab as well. fwiw
Old 09-30-2010, 09:55 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
08 cc I didn't cut the plate but I can see how that would help.I don't think there is a differance between trucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.