edge evo race - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 11:58 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
edge evo race

im new to fords. with that being said dont bash me to bad, ive got an 08 350 with the evo race and dpf delete. why does everone dislike the edge products, ive had zero problems with mine after bout 15000 miles. i dont want huge horse power i think that for the money they r fine. just wanted some input thanks for lookin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have the same set-up and it has worked great for me also. The funny thing is I think I get better mileage in setting 2 (tow) vs. setting 1 which is supposed to be the best fuel mileage.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

the higher the tune most of the time u will get better mpg, and i dont think everyone hates on edge, esp when it comes to dpf delete products there fine, people just hear the reveiws with dpf on and get scared away and spartan and H&S just dominate in the feild so they dont get a fair shot at it, i would try another dpf delete edge tune but not another dpf on one, but it sounds like its not edges fault, the dpf u cant really tune with.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRHS Sales View Post
I have the same set-up and it has worked great for me also. The funny thing is I think I get better mileage in setting 2 (tow) vs. setting 1 which is supposed to be the best fuel mileage.
what mileage are you getting?
Old 09-27-2010, 03:17 PM

I think its the custom tuning offered by other companys that just blows edge and bullydog etc. out of the water especially when you talk about shifting and hp.. I think Erics tuning is pretty much dominating.. If he could tune a Dashdaq it would be Dashdaq tuned by Eric in 4 out of 5 signatures on here.. Mike at KEM does really good too.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:16 PM

its mainly with the the 7.3 and 6.0 trucks. i had an evo on my 01 and it took out the tranny and idm with only a 100 horse tune (more like 80).

there stuff takes out alot of trannys
Old 09-29-2010, 08:47 AM

im getting arround 15 to 17 mpg. i have th 6 speed man and 410 gear. i also got a code last night it was p0704 anyone know what this means. and is anyone elese have the manual tranny bc my clutch slipps in the 3rd setting guess i have to up grade
Old 09-29-2010, 10:43 AM

I just installed my edg evo cts on my 2010 6.4.. I had a edge juice/attitude on my old duramax which was awesome! I am thinking now that this is a "programmer" where I need to tinker with the best settings rather than plug-n-play like the juice.. I still have to delete the DPF so that may also be a reason for me not noticing a huge increase in power. If anyone knows of any custom tunes for sweet performance on a stock 6.4, let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.