look for pics of dual stacks through a tool box? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 07:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question look for pics of dual stacks through a tool box?

look for pics of dual stacks through a tool box? anyone have pictures of this done or any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 07:28 AM

I don't know why you'd want to other than just to hide the spot where it comes through the bed floor and up?
You wouldn't be able to open the toolbox unless you cut a circle around the stacks, then carried that circle to the edge of the box, then it would be open still....
Old 09-22-2010, 07:32 AM

stacks

what i'm going to do is cut the lid and partition off the stacks and make the center its own tool box, so i still have a small box and its hides the T
Old 09-22-2010, 07:45 AM

I don't have any pics for ya but i have seen the tool box pushed fairly snug up to the stacks and then a piece of matching checker plate with cutouts for the stacks covering the span from the toolbox to the front of the box.

I can imagine your idea and I think it will be cool. Have you put any thought into the little details like how it will affect your clamps and stuff? Might have to move the stacks inboard and to the rear some so they will fit inside the box? And are planning on using a box that sits flush on the floor and modding it or a box with the 6"ish gap under it that hangs off your bed rails?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
I don't have any pics for ya but i have seen the tool box pushed fairly snug up to the stacks and then a piece of matching checker plate with cutouts for the stacks covering the span from the toolbox to the front of the box.

I can imagine your idea and I think it will be cool. Have you put any thought into the little details like how it will affect your clamps and stuff? Might have to move the stacks inboard and to the rear some so they will fit inside the box? And are planning on using a box that sits flush on the floor and modding it or a box with the 6"ish gap under it that hangs off your bed rails?
that sounds like a good idea also... i was going to do the same thing but in reverse... i'm going to get a low profile box that hangs over the bed, and then make a cover to close the 6" gap at the bottem... i want to keep the stacks as close to the cab as possible to save on space in the bed since i only have a 6 1/2 foot bed... (now wishing i went with the long bed)

i think i'm going to buy everything and then go from there... might have to make my own clamps to make everything fit... i have the idea in my head just not sure if its doable... i think it is... but any advise is apreciated!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:04 AM

I guess it comes down to how handy you are. Anything is doable if you can build it or afford to pay someone to build it.

What if you took a box that sits flush on the floor and had your y-pipe and everything come up right inside it? Run it entirely inside the box and reman the lid to make it work with the stacks coming up thru? Will have some heat issues in the box for sure so will have to take that into account.

Crappy thing is that checker plate = expensive, roger? Especially if ur gonna start slicing and dicing lol.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:07 AM

yea i hear i, i was worried about the heat too so i was thinking if i build the walls in the box to seperate them in their own box, i was going to insilate that box to try and keep the keat off my tools...
Old 09-22-2010, 08:13 AM

Yep, pretty much exactly what I was thinking.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

This is as close as I got to what you need, hope this helps!

Photo Gallery - Stanley Williams 08 Ford F-350
Old 09-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Bird is the Word

see if this helsp or not
DIY stack heat shield - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.