Brake Switch B Input Code Help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brake Switch B Input Code Help!

I'm getting a code which is as follows:

DTC Code = P0703.Brake Switch B Input
Circuit

Does anyone know what this could be and how to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The brake switch is about $25 at the dealer.
part number F87Z-13480-AA
or SW-5219
Mines been bad for a while the cruise won't work.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdiesel View Post
The brake switch is about $25 at the dealer.
part number F87Z-13480-AA
or SW-5219
Mines been bad for a while the cruise won't work.
So that's why my cruise control is not working! Thanks for the heads up. I assume the brake switch is near the pedal and easy to swap?? Thanks again.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

From what I hear this is a common problem. If the sensor goes out completely you might not be able to use the gear selector so you'll be stuck in park. It's easy to change. Remove the lower dash panel. If you look along the brake pedal arm the switch is on the drivers side of the brake pedal arm. There is a yellow plastic clamshell case towards the firewall. Remove that and you will see a cotter pin that is removed from the top. Once the pin is removed you can separate the brake pedal arm and brake actuator. The actuator will side off to the drivers side and the brake switch will also slide off the the drivers side. Unplug the switch and then put it back together. It take about 10 minutes. I guess your closest dealer would be in Florida City or Homestead.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'm going to go to the dealer tomorrow, and yes, Homestead is the closest to me, thanks. Thanks for the step by step, seems easy enough, I'll write in tomorrow afternoon and let you know how it went.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08CCSFL View Post
I'm getting a code which is as follows:

DTC Code = P0703.Brake Switch B Input
Circuit

Does anyone know what this could be and how to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
---------------------------------------------------------------

The P0703 Brake Switch B code is set by the brake pressure switch located under the hood at the front bottom of the master cyl.

The purpose of this switch is to supply power to the cruise control logic through pin 9 (BPS) input of the PCM.

Ford short P/N is 9F924. List price is 39.16 shop net is 23.44.

2008/2009 Ford shop manual says to remove the battery/tray/de-gas assy to gain access, but it's easy and faster to just remove the drivers side inner fender panel and reach over the front tire to replace the switch.
You shouldn't loose more then a few drops of fluid when you pull the switch. Takes 20 to 30 minutes.

The inner fender panel screws are all accessible outside the truck and in the wheel well. There is a plastic clip holding the bottom back edge of the panel that will pop out with a trim tool or screwdriver.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max2006 View Post
---------------------------------------------------------------

The P0703 Brake Switch B code is set by the brake pressure switch located under the hood at the front bottom of the master cyl.

The purpose of this switch is to supply power to the cruise control logic through pin 9 (BPS) input of the PCM.

Ford short P/N is 9F924. List price is 39.16 shop net is 23.44.

2008/2009 Ford shop manual says to remove the battery/tray/de-gas assy to gain access, but it's easy and faster to just remove the drivers side inner fender panel and reach over the front tire to replace the switch.
You shouldn't loose more then a few drops of fluid when you pull the switch. Takes 20 to 30 minutes.

The inner fender panel screws are all accessible outside the truck and in the wheel well. There is a plastic clip holding the bottom back edge of the panel that will pop out with a trim tool or screwdriver.
I just called the dealer and they have it in stock. Should pick it up tomorrow or Thursday and install it. Hopefully this will fix my cruise control! Thanks again. Let you know when I swap it out. As for the dm diesels reply, the sensor mentioned is the stop light sensor that I do not believe has anything to do with cruise control, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Going to switch the brake switch first. Thanks for all the replies. Hope to have it fixed this week.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I could be wrong and its not uncommon that I am wrong but isn't the 0703 code a communication fault with the PCM KOER self test? I've seen this pop up on a few sites and it doesn't seen to be specific to the 6.4 but common amongst Fords.
08CCSFL I hope I didn't cost you a unnecessary trip to the main land. Maybe I'll see you on the way to Pig Pine.
Max2006 Thanks for the clarification. Maybe I'll fix my cruise control now.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

DM, you live in Big Pine year round? Glad to see another member that lives in the Florida Keys. I go to Miami regularly, so no biggie.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My parents are there often. My dad spends 6-8 months there. I live on the east central coast of Florida. I wish I was down there more. Is this wind ever going to stop blowing? Its 20+ knots here today.
It must be fun smoking all the mainlanders in their hondas and lexuses. Did they finish the 18 mile stretch yet?

Jasin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.