Minimaxx on and mileage still sucks..help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Minimaxx on and mileage still sucks..help

So I've hard my Minimaxx tuner for about 2 months now, and I am not seeing any better gas mileage outta my truck than I was with the the dpf on it, and I have been trying my *** off to get this thing to get some better mileage.
So I have the Minimaxx with the Hot Damn Tunes, run it on the hot setting, S&B intake, and doc/dpf delete on stock exhaust, fresh oil, and fuel filters.

I have noticed that if I flatten the pedal at about 40-50 and put a heavy load on the motor it will give me the low rail pressure every time. I have also seen to much fluctuation in fuel pressure code once while launching hard to do the tranny relearn, and I have noticed that if I get into the high boost, 40psi +, I'll see restriction on the intake restriction meter. Also the truck might be losing some coolant, but I can't tell for sure yet, any good way to check my heads??
I was seeing between 12-14 mpg before the dpf delete, and now even though the lie o meter says 22mpg hand calc is about 11-13.

Help me out any idea at what to look at or what might be going on??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

How do you drive? Always gunning it?
Old 09-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

is everything else on the truck stock? no 8 " lift 37" mudders?
Old 09-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

nope nothing crazy, stock height offroad package xlt, hell the tires are the bfg commercial highway tires. As far as driving I have been really really careful the last 3 tanks keep it under 1/4 throttle, keeping the boost down, not idling for long, blah blah all that gas saving junk, and still no improvement. Oh I don't seem to be losing any coolant after checking today so I'm pretty sure the motor is most likely intact as all the gauges look good, and the fluids look good
Old 09-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

No idea. I run the "hot damn" tune and am getting about 18 MPG. I would give H&S a call and see if they have any ideas. I know when I first got it, I wasn't getting much better. I found the cause of that being my right foot.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:37 PM

Yea i noticed the same thing on my Mini Maxx , I downloaded the hot damn tunes . Now i have only checed the milage on the lowest setting 80hp and my truck got 15 mpg on it , i am currently working on the 175 tune to check milage.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:41 PM

Oh and the lie-o-metor says 23mpg
Old 09-13-2010, 07:11 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I find it weird how everyone's meter on the dash is off so much. Mine reads to the low side on my stock 08 job1 work truck. meter says 12.2 . I drove it 600 miles the other day and hand calculated it at 13.9avg.

My tuned truck says 16-18 on the dash and averages a hand calculated between 18-20 on the highway. But when it was stock the first 1000 miles it averaged 15.8 hand calculated and said it was getting 13 on the lie o meter.. I think a lot of it has to do with how you drive. To little throttle it will suck fuel, to much and it will suck there is a happy medium.

On the job1 trucks i have noticed while in city traffic w/ mixed hwy it you use the tow hual button it seems to increase mileage a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.