Looking at buying a used Spartan set up, have some questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking at buying a used Spartan set up, have some questions

Hey guys. I found a used spartan set up, which includes an Air Intake, and Cat / DPF delete pipe. He did mention that the delete pipe he has is 5", so I'm guessing I would have to get a reducer sleeve to install that onto my stock tailpipe?

Also, as far as changing over the spartan console part of it, he was saying I might have to get it re-licensed. Do you guys know what's involved in that and how much? Tried calling Spartan, but they aren't open on the weekends.

He wants $1250 for the entire set up (Canadian $). Fair deal?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqoair View Post
Hey guys. I found a used spartan set up, which includes an Air Intake, and Cat / DPF delete pipe. He did mention that the delete pipe he has is 5", so I'm guessing I would have to get a reducer sleeve to install that onto my stock tailpipe?

Also, as far as changing over the spartan console part of it, he was saying I might have to get it re-licensed. Do you guys know what's involved in that and how much? Tried calling Spartan, but they aren't open on the weekends.

He wants $1250 for the entire set up (Canadian $). Fair deal?

Thanks
I think to re-license a Spartan is some where around $300.00. So if you add that to the purchase cost it's a few hundred dollars off of a new set up.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:48 AM

There are 2 spartan fees 325 if it is not vin locked and 699 if it is vin locked.At least this is the way I understand it.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

$325 for a tuner that was returned to stock. $599 for a tuner that is VIN locked (wasn't returned to stock).
Old 09-04-2010, 01:18 PM

Jeff ,

Mick sent me an email saying if i was vin locked it was 699 did he have a typo? How do tell if it is vin locked?
Old 09-04-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
$325 for a tuner that was returned to stock. $599 for a tuner that is VIN locked (wasn't returned to stock).
Thank you very much for the information. I was looking on the Spartan web site, with the Sept. Sale, and it almost makes more sense to just buy it new and have it drop shipped here in Canada (Depending on broker fees, etc). I might have to grind this guy down more to make it worth while.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:21 PM

VIN Locked

Yes, how do we tell if the newer strategy flash Spartan is VIN locked? We need this info before spending any additional money in case we need to return it to the seller because it is VIN locked. Also, why does it take 2-3 business days to get a VIN reset license?
Old 09-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodge1995 View Post
Jeff ,

Mick sent me an email saying if i was vin locked it was 699 did he have a typo? How do tell if it is vin locked?
Maybe it is $699. I thought it was $599. Go with what Mick said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil64 View Post
Yes, how do we tell if the newer strategy flash Spartan is VIN locked? We need this info before spending any additional money in case we need to return it to the seller because it is VIN locked. Also, why does it take 2-3 business days to get a VIN reset license?
If the owner of it did not return it to stock before selling it to you then it is VIN locked. You would need to ask the seller this question. It takes a few days because we have to request a new license from DrewTech and it takes them a day or two to get one back to us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.