Help Needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking Help Needed

Hello;
I am new to the diesel forums and I just picked up an 08 F-250 HD and I need some help. I know a person selling a Spartan with the dash daq who wants to sell it for $400, but I need to buy a new license from Spartan. The license is $320 and I wanted to know if that is a good deal? I don't want to delete my DPF and I know that Spartan has at least 3 tunes with the DPF on. Can anyone tell me it is a good deal and does anyone have any good feedback on the Spartan tunes with the DPF on? I also wanted to know if it is worth it to buy a new exhaust and a cold air intake or is it just wasted money?

Thank you in advance and I hope those were not stupid questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2010, 01:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

If you search the forum, you should find all the answers to your questions. I personally don't suggest tuning without deleting the DPF, it has a tendency to stop up the filter faster.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Let me save you the reading and searching...Don't do it unless you do a DPF delete like greasltn said...that's been the unanimous decision for these trucks...or so I've read
Old 08-31-2010, 08:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Talking Help Needed

Thank You guys for all of your help. Now say if I did the delete it that a good deal for the spartan and how hard is it to delete the DPF. I have read several treads and is it safe to say if you delete the DPF then you void your warranty. I have the extended warranty on my truck and it sounds like im stuck. Do you think that the good ways the bad for the DPF delete. If i delete the DPF will I get the black smoke or not?

Thanks Again in advance
Old 08-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

$400 + $325 = $725.....which is $524 cheaper than a brand new one. If the DashDAQ is good condition, which I don't see how it couldn't be (you never know though), then I say it's very much worth the money.

As for the DPF delete, it only makes your tuck run better, get better fuel mileage, better throttle response, and better performance.....can't get much better than that. Doing the DPF delete isn't that bad. It will take some time the first time you do it, but it gets easier if you do it a few times. Black smoke does come with doing a DPF delete. More so on some tunes than other.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:16 AM

Sounds like a great deal. Can't imagine the DD being in terrible condition as Jeff mentioned, but you never know.

Mind you, modifying emissions equipment can result in a $10K fine if you get caught. Just so you know.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smotrs View Post
Mind you, modifying emissions equipment can result in a $10K fine if you get caught. Just so you know.
Haha you're gonna scare the guy into getting the Banks stuff aren't ya

From what I've seen only one person has reported they've been caught with it off and got fined. That guy was a friend of a buddy's uncle of a member here, and no proof was ever shown so no one ever really proved it. I think most people will be ok as long as they're not smoking the popo's. You would need to put DPF back on to go to dealer and get inspected though.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:37 AM
shhhhh, can you hear it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smotrs View Post
Sounds like a great deal. Can't imagine the DD being in terrible condition as Jeff mentioned, but you never know.

no one on this forum has received this so called 10k fine so i think its more rumor than fact.hopefully i wont find out first hand.but if you know of someone that has got this bad fine let them know we want to hear from them.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The $10,000 fine is not a rumor. There just hasn't been anyone on here recieve one yet....which makes your odds for not getting got very good.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:01 PM
shhhhh, can you hear it?

yea well i would just like to see the legislation behind it.like the actual federal law.cause i can tell you if i did receive one i would be hiring a lawyer and going to trial before i pay that bullshat pump the gov income fine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.