Minimaxx with hotdamn tunes, just wow - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Minimaxx with hotdamn tunes, just wow

First off the minimaxx is awesome, it's big enough to see, without being so big it looks like you have a tv hanging off your windshield. With the hotdamn tunes this thing is insane, drop the hammer at 30mph and it will still spin the tires. My crappy little app on my phone says that the 0-60 is in the 5 sec range and I would def have to agree with that.

You def want to make sure you knock it down a bit if it's raining out, at 65 with a 1\4 throttle you will put the truck sideways, and crap your pants.

Unfortunately I will def being going back to just the hot tunes as my truck does not seem to like the 250 tune too much. Everytime I try to give it the beans, I either watch the pyro swing up past 1500 or throw a low frp code and on the rare occasion I get both. So just to be on the safe side I'm gonna detune it til I get my airdog II to keep the pressure up, and a couple little extras for the egt.

But damn was it fun to play with for awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Dim Sum
Wow. I run the mild on my truck (install this weekend) and the extra 80HP is very noticeable. I don't think I even want more HP for daily driving!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

nice review!! Makes me want it even more!! What exhaust/intake did you go with?
Old 08-24-2010, 02:44 PM

I have never been in a tuned truck before. It is just amazing how these things wake the truck up from its stock form.

I came from a gasser, so I thought the diesel always had a lot of power, but the tuner gives this thing a gasser response from idle.

I do think some care will be needed when driving in the winter. This much power is bound to put you in a sticky situation.

I just did the Flo Pro DPF / DOC delete if you were asking me. Nate hooked me up with my hardware and its excellent (after I got that pesky delete pipe in).
Old 08-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

I was asking both of you.

Dim Sum how does the exhaust sound with just the delete pipes?
Old 08-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I went with the AFE dpf/cat delete. I got mine from cobb, and if I had to do it again I would just plop down the extra $99 for the full exhaust. It would probably help out with those egt's a bit. I also had a good bit of trouble getting the pipes in, turned into a 3 hour diaster that I ended up taking to a exhaust shop to get it finished.

I highly reccomend H&S if you are a diy type of guy so if you screw something up with the sensors or delete you can still drive your truck. I drove mine for a whole day with the exhast dumping out of the downpipe til I could get it to the shop, I would have been SOL if I would have gone with the spartan. And the shift on the fly feature is awesome, especially if you run into some adverse weather or are heading offroad.

As for the power, it is mind blowing. You just don't understand what a 500hp 8500lb truck feels like til you drive one. It frightening and this is comping from a guy who rides sport bikes, and had a turbo stang. If you are running the hot tune anything more than 1/4 throttle has the tires spinning and chirping into 2nd. 4wd boosted launches will give you whiplash and leave that new camaro in the lane next to you wondering wtf. It does smoke a bit more than I thought a compound turbo setup would, but I like smoke, and it'll keep those tailgaters back. Just be prepared to get addicted to the power and the sound of 45lb of boost and not get the MPG's you were hoping for lol.

With that said though I am pulling down 18mpg city, hand calc, way better than I had hoped for. Oh and the sound with the delete is great, nice little burble at idle, all turbo whine on the gas, I would have to agree with most people that say these thing sound more like jets than trucks lol
Old 08-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

thanks for the review and the info, glad your happy and congrats!!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:55 PM

ordered mine yesterday, now I really can't wait to spank my **** talkin' buddys dmax!
Old 08-25-2010, 03:48 AM

Ben hit it on the head.

The sound is exactly what I wanted. Its quiet inside and at idle. At 2k rpm, you have a nice turbo whistle with that wooshing that people refer to. If you want to get rid of the wooshing, you'll probably need to go bigger.

I went with the delete pipe for several reasons, but being in the AF, I don't want to attract to much attention to myself when it comes to this stuff missing.

EGTs do go up fast, but I've never seen them over 1000 degrees yet, but then again, I only run the mild tune.

I also had trouble with the delete pipe. Go figure, but I had to grind it down and do some bending to it in order to get it to go in far enough. Its probably still not in far enough, but I was tired of messing with it. I drove the truck around for a day with half of the delete pipe installed. That sounded awesome. Big turbo sound and deep rumble.

I do think that any money saved in fuel will be spent on rear tires.....
Old 08-25-2010, 04:24 AM
Don't you worry about it

ohhh my, I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!! If I only had some dang money!!! Why did I have a kid!?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.