Spartan flash and tune update. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bakersfield,CA
Posts: 274
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan flash and tune update questions

I've done a search and about every other thread comes up, so it's useless. If anybody knows of a thread with more instructions for a computer dummy I'd appreciate it. I'm finally getting around to updating my tunes with the 210 tow and flash update. I've read the instructions on the Spartan's site and I'll probably read them again.

I downloaded the update to the SD card( I think) . At least it shows up on my computer. How do I upload it to the DD? Do I have to do the flash update to use the new tunes? I think I can stumble through updating the DD, just not sure about getting the new tunes to show on the DD.

Thanks for any help, from a dummy!!!

Last edited by ol38y; 08-21-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 08-22-2010, 04:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ol38y View Post
I've done a search and about every other thread comes up, so it's useless. If anybody knows of a thread with more instructions for a computer dummy I'd appreciate it. I'm finally getting around to updating my tunes with the 210 tow and flash update. I've read the instructions on the Spartan's site and I'll probably read them again.

I downloaded the update to the SD card( I think) . At least it shows up on my computer. How do I upload it to the DD? Do I have to do the flash update to use the new tunes? I think I can stumble through updating the DD, just not sure about getting the new tunes to show on the DD.

Thanks for any help, from a duymmy!!!
When you put the SD card in the dd they will show up. Yes you need to update the firmware on the dd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 08-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,613
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Make sure you return your truck to stock (just stock tune) before you do the update.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 08-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bakersfield,CA
Posts: 274
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
Make sure you return your truck to stock (just stock tune) before you do the update.
Before I update the DD?

Thanks for the replys all. Literally, 1 hour after I posted I was called to a fire. I was pulled over by the CHP for speeding on the way, 80 in a 55, so when he asked where the fire was I could tell him. Now I have 2 days to pack for Bonneville so I'm not going to tackle the updates till I get back. Sooo, I may have more questions when I get back...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,613
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you are going to do the strategy flash update, you have to tune the truck back to stock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bakersfield,CA
Posts: 274
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
If you are going to do the strategy flash update, you have to tune the truck back to stock.
Thanks Jeff, when I get back I'll have more time and do the updates then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Olive Branch
Posts: 239
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What does the strategy flash update do? Is there a certain "buy date" that you will already have it? May be stupid questions, I don't know. That's why I'm asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,613
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down2Ride View Post
What does the strategy flash update do? Is there a certain "buy date" that you will already have it? May be stupid questions, I don't know. That's why I'm asking.
It makes the old style tuner like the new style.....so that the tuner has all of the tunes on it. Lets say you have the old style tuner with 4 tunes on it (75, 150, 210, and 275), you would get all of the tunes up to your highest current tune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors