My review of the XRT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My review of the XRT

Monday I called Rudys Diesel Performance and ordered the H&S XRT, S&B CAI, and DPF/CAT delete pipe. On tuesday the intake came, wednesday the pipe came, and today (thursday) the tuner came. I was very impressed with Rudy's fast shipping. Anyway..

On tuesday I installed the CAI and it was very simple, S&B gave great pictured instructions, it was no big deal what so ever. After my install of it I noticed my turbos a little more but sound was not changed much until the tuner and dpf/cat delete install.

The install didn't go quire as smoothly as I had hoped but my father and I got it in a few hours. It feels great to get that DPF off of the truck... Sure is a ugly piece thats for sure.

The XRT setup was very simple, took about 20-30 min to do all of its steps but it was all very straight forward and simple.

Once it was done I loaded the mild tune (lowest tune 40hp) and wow... just it was a big difference from stock. Then I ran the wild tune (medium tune 80hp) and it is currently what I am running now and I am very impressed by just the wild tune. It is night and day difference, spins the tires very easily from a stop, really woke the truck up. I have yet to run the hot tune (120hp) but I will give it a go tomorrow. I would expect smoke output to be pretty high on the 120 because its enough on the 80 tune to puff a nice little cloud. I did a very unoffical 0-60 before and after the tuner was installed and my time on the 80hp tune was 2.1 seconds less, as for mileage I will let you know after a few days or maybe longer.... its hard to keep my foot out of it.

Overall I am VERY happy with the XRT. I would recommend it to anyone as long as my mileage goes up a decent bit as it should. Personally I love the new sound of my truck, some say that with just the dpf/cat delete pipe it sounds like a hairdryer, I can see how they say that but I really like the sound, I hear my turbos much more and the sound of the truck is amazing to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Dim Sum
I ordered my Mini Maxx yesterday from Nate. I can't wait to get mine as all of these excellent reviews have me drooling over the prospects of a truck that can breath again.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

congrats can't wait to order my stuff!!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Thanks for the review, I am glad we could help.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Banned

The H&S XRT is definitly the best Bang for the Buck in the entire Market. Congrats
Old 08-20-2010, 02:07 PM

Does the XRT contain the same tunes as the MAXX's, or is it just up to 120hp? Also, does it tune the tranny? My assumption is that it does not becuase the "lower" tunes don't require it?
Old 08-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSracer13 View Post
Does the XRT contain the same tunes as the MAXX's, or is it just up to 120hp? Also, does it tune the tranny? My assumption is that it does not becuase the "lower" tunes don't require it?
It just goes up to 120hp and no it does not tune the tranny. My thoughs are that I will not be driving it super hard all the time and will more than likely be on the 40 or 80 hp tune (whatever gets best mileage) 95% of the time and will be driving it easy. I ran the 120hp tune today and I was very impressed with it. The 80 is a hell of a lot more than stock but the 120 is a decent bit more than it (obviously).
Old 08-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy's diesel performance View Post
Thanks for the review, I am glad we could help.
Yup thanks for all the help. I've got a uncle with a 6.4 that will be doing a dpf delete once out of waryntee and ill be sure to send him your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.