Spartan 350 tune - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Spartan 350 tune

Does any one have any info on the new 350 tune? And dyno or track numbers? And also what you need to upgrade to be able to run this tune? (head studs, etc..) Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2010, 12:03 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am sure Jeff will jump on, but what I read the track times were a little slower than the 310. Not sure if was a traction issue or not.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:44 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiJoe View Post
I am sure Jeff will jump on, but what I read the track times were a little slower than the 310. Not sure if was a traction issue or not.
thanks. i'll wait and see what everyone says.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:48 PM

the upgrades are head bolts and a built trans i maybe leaving something out ,but i know some guys that are running it with out either one of these upgrades.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:14 PM

I think an egr delete kit with wastegate would also be recommended/beneficial.

I do know that this is definitely more of a race tune, not a DD. If you are looking for a big number DD go with the KEM 345.

Wait for Jeff to chime in, he works a lot with this tune and has ran it at the track/compared it to the 310 as much as anyone. I'm sure there is a lot of potential with the 350, I think the main issues are putting the power to the ground (trans/traction).
Old 08-18-2010, 02:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to jhaddox
i run it as a dd...i dont have my trans in yet(the stock trans doesnt like it, but i run my truck hard)...im putting in arp studs(dont have a blown hg...just upgrading for future stuff)

you can run it with a stock transmission and no studs...just watch your drive pressures and dont beat on it all the time and you'll be ok
Old 08-18-2010, 04:56 PM

350 Tune

I also run the 350 as a daily driver and have the aforementioned mods, minus the tranny, still stock. I believe that Jeff indicated in another post that the 350 was giving up the goods on the dyno but not on the track. I'm sure he and Matt are working on the refinements. My Christmas will come when the much anticipated TCM tune upgrades are released in conjunction with the 350 refinements. I'm not asking for too much.....right.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Here is the rundown.....traction is definitely an issue at the track with this tune. Rail pressure is not an issue however. The best thing to do with this tune at the track is to not stage until the second bubble. If you stage early, the throttle is soooooo touchy that your foot will bounce on the pedal with any movement....including inching up from the first bubble to the second at any RPM higher than idle.

Track time comparison is in favor of the 310 tune by about 8/100 of a second. The 350 tune, however, made 38 more horsepower on the dyno during tune testing. Same dyno, same day, same EVERYTHING.

My truck made 572/1157 at 38 psi of boost and 99 degree, high humidity heat. This was at TS Outlaw in Bowling Green, KY on July 24, 2010. Dyno was David Dunbar's mobile dyno.

As far as upgrades.....a torque converter would definitely be ideal with this tune. Mine lasted a week with the tune and some pretty intense testing. I went from 65-75 RPM of slip with the 310 to well over 200 RPM of slip with the 350 tune. I was seeing well over 100 RPM of slip at 3/4 throttle with the converter locked.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
My truck made 572/1157 at 38 psi of boost and 99 degree, high humidity heat. This was at TS Outlaw in Bowling Green, KY on July 24, 2010. Dyno was David Dunbar's mobile dyno.
Jeff, was 38 psi of boost where the truck made the most power or was that all the boost you got due to the crappy atmospheric conditions? Im seeing 48 to 50 psi of boost with this tune. Understanding that max boost doesn't always mean max power.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwins View Post
Jeff, was 38 psi of boost where the truck made the most power or was that all the boost you got due to the crappy atmospheric conditions? Im seeing 48 to 50 psi of boost with this tune. Understanding that max boost doesn't always mean max power.
That was all of the boost it would make......and at 71 psi of back pressure (85 psi on the reading), the ratio SUCKS. If it had made 45-48 psi on the dyno, it wouldn't have been so close to 2:1 drive to boost ratio, and would have most likely made more power. That is just an educated guess of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.