Antifreeze in the oil I guess its time to take the plunge how far do you go? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 06:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Antifreeze in the oil I guess its time to take the plunge how far do you go?

Cabs coming off next week for headgaskets and studs. Should I do an egr delete, modded hpfp, air dogg, and injectors? How hard is it gonna be to sell a truck that is that modded when the time comes? I'm fairly sold on doing the egr delete being that it was just in for a leakin egr cooler. Thinkin its time to make some real power!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny gofast View Post
Cabs coming off next week for headgaskets and studs. Should I do an egr delete, modded hpfp, air dogg, and injectors? How hard is it gonna be to sell a truck that is that modded when the time comes? I'm fairly sold on doing the egr delete being that it was just in for a leakin egr cooler. Thinkin its time to make some real power!
if your thinking of selling the truck,i wouldnt put all kinds of money into it,seeing as you wont recover all that money in the end,but if your thinking of keeping the truck i would do everything on your list if you can...while the cab is off,you dont want to lift it again later for a few things you could've done now...if that makes sence...
Old 08-17-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny gofast View Post
Who does your tuning? There has been some talk about problems getting things dialed in once you mod your HPFP and do larger nozzels. I would contact your tuner and see what they say before going that far.

JMO

Last edited by AED F250; 08-17-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:04 AM

Just talked to Rudy he thought I should do turbos instead of adding more fuel. My truck is currently tuned by spartan
Old 08-18-2010, 12:08 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Have you removed your water pump to see if the coolant is going in through there.. no need to pull the cab for that..
Old 08-19-2010, 02:51 PM

I've seen ep readings as high as 90 and 55 boost. I have an egr delete on the way so the cabs coming off anyways. I'm hoping this is the last time I have to take the cab off. They had the waterpump off two weeks ago to check for cavitation when they replaced the egr cooler.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Powerstroke Techie

That's really the only way to get coolant in the oil, that or the oil cooler has failed, but typically the oil cooler will put oil into the antifreeze, not the other way around. (Think, oil pressure is higher than cooling system pressure)
Old 08-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Are you SURE they had the water pump out, or does the repair order just say they had it out.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:03 AM

I know the tech that's working on my truck. If headgaskets are leaking won't that cause antifreeze to get into the oil too? Or is my thinking off?
Old 08-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Its possible, but not very likely...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.