Spartan 250 Boost Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan 250 Boost Question

ok so i just bought my truck from my dad its a 2008 f250 job 1 and its had the spartan tuner on it for probably 80-90k miles. the majority of the time it has been set on the 250 hp setting. It has just recently started to smoke more than normal pretty much all the time. im curious as to what others who are running the 250 hp tune are seeing as far as boost numbers at WOT. IIRC the truck used to have no problem getting to 40 pounds of boost and when i got on it yesterday the highest it got was around 30 pounds. im just looking for some input. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Max I get 36#'s.

I could launch at the strip at 26-28#s of boost and it would go right to 36 and sit.

I will do a kick WOT run after lunch and get back to you this evening and see if I can get some more.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmathes074 View Post
ok so i just bought my truck from my dad its a 2008 f250 job 1 and its had the spartan tuner on it for probably 80-90k miles. the majority of the time it has been set on the 250 hp setting. It has just recently started to smoke more than normal pretty much all the time. im curious as to what others who are running the 250 hp tune are seeing as far as boost numbers at WOT. IIRC the truck used to have no problem getting to 40 pounds of boost and when i got on it yesterday the highest it got was around 30 pounds. im just looking for some input. thanks.
You have a boost leak somewhere.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:01 PM
bye bye 6.4L

get a smoking video before you fix it!!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i dont know if it smokes quite that much. is there anywhere that i should look where leaks are kind of common. im pretty sure if it is a boost leak that i know the source of the problem. right before i bought the truck from my dad he got the headgaskets replaced (as more of just a favor to me not a necessity) and im thinking that maybe they didnt put everything back together just right as far as the tubing goes. just trying to save from having to check everywhere. thanks.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:56 AM
Premium Member

Probably look where the tube comes out of the bottom of the intercooler. Easy to overlook when installing and also easy to puncture with a rock or something underneath.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.