Going to install the new Edge CS racing evolution today - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 07:59 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Going to install the new Edge CS racing evolution today

As the title says I'm going to install the new Racing CS with DPF delete today. I am going for mileage and not so much towards the horsepower otherwise I would have opted for another tuner. I will post some mileage results after I do a test and let you guys know how it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

sounds good, let us know how the install went.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:15 PM

Well it didnt go quite as planned. The Edge wouldnt program my truck. After a long phone call with tech support they determined that my truck has the factory flame thrower flash still in it and the programmer wont work in conjunction with that flash. So tomorrow I have to go down to Ford and get the updated flash and it should be all good after that.

On the upside the unit looks great in the pod and blends really nice with the look of the interior. It has so many parameters that it will read its going to take a few days for me to decide which ones I want to monitor. So with the DPF out of the truck and the stock programming it still picked up a noticeable gain in power and the real interesting thing is that the lieometer always says 16L/100km avg and after driving about 40km it now says 12L/100km. Even though I am not running any of the race programs just removing the DPF improved performance and MPG. Cant wait till tomorrow when I get re-flashed and install the performance tunes. I will give a full review of the unit after I get everything working properly.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:31 PM

Well it didnt go quite as planned. The Edge wouldnt program my truck. After a long phone call with tech support they determined that my truck has the factory flame thrower flash still in it and the programmer wont work in conjunction with that flash. So tomorrow I have to go down to Ford and get the updated flash and it should be all good after that.

On the upside the unit looks great in the pod and blends really nice with the look of the interior. It has so many parameters that it will read its going to take a few days for me to decide which ones I want to monitor. So with the DPF out of the truck and the stock programming it still picked up a noticeable gain in power and the real interesting thing is that the lieometer always says 16L/100km avg and after driving about 40km it now says 12L/100km. Even though I am not running any of the race programs just removing the DPF improved performance and MPG. Cant wait till tomorrow when I get re-flashed and install the performance tunes. I will give a full review of the unit after I get everything working properly.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

so your truck still ran when you took the dpf off??
Old 08-07-2010, 09:44 AM

It ran really rough and then cleared itself up on its own. I was suprised it would run at all, maybe it has something to do with that old flash in the ECM. Anyway I hope today to get the updated flash in it and load the Race tunes.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

becareful with them updating the new tune in, it may go into a limp mode and i dont know if you can get that out, i would be safe and put the dpf back on if i was you because you know when they reflash it that they are going to start it, at that point its all up to luck
Old 08-07-2010, 10:51 AM

I think it will be ok. It didnt go into limp mode when we started it with the DPF off. They know what Im doing and are mod friendly so I will ask them about it. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

It won't go in to limp mode right away typically. It will when it goes in to regen without the DPF on though. That could take 20 miles or it could take 100 miles. If it did go in to limp mode, you would be able to get it out of limp mode by tuning it.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:55 AM

Thanks 08 Stroker250. I was told if it did go into limp mode I could just pull over, shut the truck down and clear the codes with the Edge. I hope it will be ok on the way to the dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.