Spartan Tcm question ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 07:11 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Spartan Tcm question ?

What makes the tcm different in a 2010 that makes you not need a spartan tcm on higher tunes ?

Do you need to run spartan tcm tunes on 2010 trucks with the higher tunes and stock 2010 tcm's?

What is the difference between the spartan tcm and the stock 2010 tcm ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The TCM that we offer is a replacement TCM for the stock TCM. It is HIGHLY recommended for trucks equipped with Job 1 stock TCM's to help prolong the stock transmission running the 310 tune. The Spartan TCM allows for Matt to increase line pressure over what he can with the stock TCM, which helps keep the stock clutches alive longer. It can be used on a later model truck if one feels necessary, it just isn't HIGHLY recommended like it is for the Job 1 trucks (early 2007 build dates). The TCM was a huge bonus for my truck. I had a Job 1 stock TCM and my shifts would be all over the place with the 310 tune at times and the converter just wouldn't lock early. As soon as I switched to the Spartan TCM, my problems disappeared. Hopefully this helps you understand.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

As Jeff stated, I have a job 3 and using the Spartan TCM made a big difference in my shifting. I recommend it.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:22 PM

Does the TCM tune come with the Spartan Phalanx tuner or is it a seperate tune you need to pay for?
Old 08-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
Does the TCM tune come with the Spartan Phalanx tuner or is it a seperate tune you need to pay for?
The TCM is a separate device that is only purchased with the 310 tune. Once you have the TCM, you get all of the other tunes as well. If you already have the 310 tune, it's $699 for the TCM. If you don't have the 310 tune, it's $799 for the combo of the two...and if I recall correctly, that comes with the 275 tune as well if you don't already have it
Old 08-05-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
The TCM is a separate device that is only purchased with the 310 tune. Once you have the TCM, you get all of the other tunes as well. If you already have the 310 tune, it's $699 for the TCM. If you don't have the 310 tune, it's $799 for the combo of the two...and if I recall correctly, that comes with the 275 tune as well if you don't already have it
Wow...you totally lost me.....So I don't have anything yet. Just a brand new 2010 PSD. Do I need the TCM if I only plan on running one of the standard Spartan tunes that come with the Spartan Phalanx tuner? I plan on doing the DPF/DOC delete and Spartan tuner and probably the 210 or 250 tune for now.

Later I was going to do an intake kit and that's about it....for now

So am I covered with this package plus the DOC delete add on or do I also need the TCM upgrade or is that only for the larger tunes????

Spartan Phalanx Tuner w/ DPF Delete Package | Packages | DPF Delete | 08+ 6.4L Power Stroke | Ford Power Stroke | Diesel Power | Performance Truck Products
Old 08-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

No you do not need, nor can you get the TCM with the basic tuning package. You can't purchase the TCM unless you purchase or already have the 310 tune.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:30 PM

got it...that is what I was thinking. I will be in touch with you very soon to talk about my desires and what options you recommend.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Sounds good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.