Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

new (used) spartan....what now??

878 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  team.performance.enhanced 
#1 ·
alright guys, i finally had enough of driving this thing completely bone stock. came from an '06 6.0 with sct and ID tunes to the 6.4. bought the spartan slightly used....so what is the verdict....i have heard several different things as far as needing to buy a new vin license. some say you have to and some say you dont. what is the truth behind the madness??

#2 ·
Ya need to call spartan

#4 ·
i am waiting to hear back from the fella that i bought it from to make sure he turned his truck back to stock. anything else i should know about the spartan?

also, i pull a toyhauler that weighs in at around 10.5K lbs fully loaded. and it is shaped like a big *** kite......it is really not very aerodynamic. what tune should i use to pull this thing in the east texas rolling hills?

#7 ·
You can hook the dash daq up and see if you have a liscence or not, its been awhile since I messed with mine to tell you how but you can plug it it and look through stuff and find it, It wont do anything to the truck until you tell it to tune it. If it says its vin locked then you will need the new liscence, if it says 1 is available then you wont need it, jsut new tunes. Ive been through this and have 4 liscences on 1 dash daq.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.