Which exhust is easiet to take down and put back? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 04:22 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which exhust is easiet to take down and put back?

I am planning on getting a tuner and down pipe back cat/dpf delete. Probably won't run tunes over 250. So Which exhust would be easiet to take down and put back when inspection time comes once a year? 1 piece? like the AFE? or in pieces. I live in Northern NH so road salt is problem and was thinking about SS. I hate to struggle on garage floor. LOL.
Also I'd like to keep the noise down so inside the cab is decent still. Some one posted here leaving a muffler on helps this. And to throw in another question to complicate this post more which size would be the way to go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you haven't made up your mind on tuner, H&S is the easiest because of not having to take the sensors out of the exhaust. I have a Flo-Pro exhaust and it is was a PITA to install because it seemed to be about 1-2" off. The muffler did help, not much cab noise at all except for the turbo whine, but I think that is because of the intake.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:39 AM

The easiest to take down and put back would be powerstrokers delete pipe... JMO
Old 07-24-2010, 04:35 PM

Thanks Guys..Ol38 ..You mean just a straight pipe between my stock exhust and down pipe? Keep my stock exhust,save money and have it easy right?
Old 07-24-2010, 04:59 PM

Yeah, that's what I meant, a little tounge in cheek. We have smog checks here now every other year so that's what I did. Plus, if I ever have to take it in to the dealer it's easier to put back as well.

Looking at your sig I'm curious how and where you mounted your Cobra?
Old 07-25-2010, 04:21 AM

Ol
At first I had it velcroed with commercial velcro to bottom of dash in center of truck just above the "hump" I have the 40/20/40 seat. But the heat released the velcro sometimes so I bolted it with the mount supplied by Cobra. Gained access by removeing the panel around radio,etc. The bolt holes are low and only 1/4 so I figure when I sell someday I'd just fill holes with finished black bolt for a neat apperance. Who would know if something was there.
This works fine. CB is low within reach and mike hangs from dash higher up. I love the Bluetooth feature on this set. Also set is out of the way enough so someone can still sit in the center seat for a while anyway.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:15 AM

Thanks, I'll have to stick mine back up in there and see what I get...
Old 07-26-2010, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol38y View Post
The easiest to take down and put back would be powerstrokers delete pipe... JMO
O.K. got ya. Aren't there videos showing how to do this? also if the noise isn't good in the cab for me I can change the OEM muffer out with a real one right?I think this is what I read here that someone did.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckinguy View Post
O.K. got ya. Aren't there videos showing how to do this? also if the noise isn't good in the cab for me I can change the OEM muffer out with a real one right?I think this is what I read here that someone did.
I don't know about a video but there's a sticky on the instalation here. It's pretty easy really. Just read through the sticky or do a search. It's no big deal to do by yourself...
Old 07-27-2010, 03:47 PM

I see that thanks. I have to wait now as my Blackstone report came back yesterday and they said they found 29 parts Potassium but Sodium is real low so they can't say it's a definate coolant problem.
I still have real good wear rate. Below the average actually. But they said to keep an eye on it as a coolant leak may be developeing..So I'll see in 3K more miles or so if the sodium and potassium picks up or goes down.
I don't want to mod it and have to go back for coolant issues again. Don't want to give them a chance to turn me down on engine work.
Darn..I was so looking forward to a turner and Cat/dpf delete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.