Blackmaxx mini - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Blackmaxx mini

Whats the cheapest Website to get the mini and DPF delete pipe at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2010, 11:53 PM

Also does the mini max require you to plug in anything more other then just running the wire under the dash into the OBDII port?
Old 07-17-2010, 05:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

This makes two of us.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I purchased mine from FirstCoastDieselPerformance.com -- Your Source For Powerstroke Performance, they are local to me (Jacksonville, FL). I got a s&b air filter and intake, 4 inch ss flow pro from the down pipe back, ss muffler, the mini maxx, and the mount that installs above the a/c vent. Total about $1800. There is a power wire that you connect to an ignition switched source and plug into the connector in the obII port. The instructions with the mini maxx are good and H&S has great tech support. You can save a little money by mounting the mini maxx in front of your instrument cluster. I have seen pictures on this site and that mounting position looks good.

I have had the mini maxx about 2 months now and it has been great.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

H&S Performance - Diesel Performance Tuners, DPF Delete kits, EGR delete kits, and Accessories
DPFDeleteKits.com
You have to hook up a power wire under the dash and the cable for the OBDII port, but with the Black and Minimaxx you do not have to install any the exhaust sensors in the delete pipes.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:48 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I got mine from performancetruckproducts.com they hooked me up with a mini max with mount and a 4" flo pro duel exhaust with tips for $14800. Just go to there website and you can use there instant messenger Nate is who I talked to. Great price and fast shipping sent it out the same day. It should be here tuesday.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:01 AM

Well one question.... Does a XRT race tuner get rid of me having to have the monitor mounted and plugged in? or what? and I assume it does all the same stuff as the blackmax mini except able to monitor stuff right? Im really just Looking to Tune and Delete the DPF
Old 07-19-2010, 05:49 AM

As far as I know H&S will only allow vendors to sell the black maxx and min maxx at a certain price, so if you can get it cheaper at one place or another it will be because they are charging you less for the DPF delete pipe. The XRT has different tunes than the two Maxx's do, but as far as I know you DON'T have to leave the Maxx's plugged into your vehicle all the time in order to use them. You can load the tune and then take the monitor out of the vehicle and it will continue to run that tune until you hook it back up and change the settings.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

you can tune and unplug with the black/minimaxx tuners as well(I believe). most are buying these two so they can watch the gauges. The XRT should be perfect if you just want to tune and delete. Also you can still change tunes on the fly with the XRT, just plug it back in and change tunes.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just bought my 6.4 Mini Maxx and 4" Flo Pro pipe (No bungs) from James at Rollin' Smoke Diesel - Diesel Perfomance Parts. I have purchased products for my truck from him before and his customer service was incredible. He's the type of guy who will answer his phone on a Sunday to walk you through the proper steps of a DPF delete for your truck (trust me, i know). He also had my latest order to me in 3 days, even though his internet and shop were down due to a tornado. He's very good to do business with and he also had the best prices. Give him a call for a package deal.

I bought the Mini Maxx for the shift on the fly and digital gauges. I had the XRT on my Dodge Cummins before buying my Ford. The XRT works incredibly well. It was the best money i ever spent on that rig. It was a whole new truck after the XRT. i expect the same out of the Ford once I get the mini installed.

If you are looking for something to just delete the DPF, add some MPG, and get into some decent HP, i wouldn't hesitate going with the XRT. Whether you decide the mini or XRT, you have to like the fact that the H&S tunes do not require the sensor plugs to be added to the aftermarket pipe. Just one less thing for me to break! In my opinion, you can't go wrong with H&S products or Rollin Smoke Diesel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.