Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Next step after dpf delete?

2K views 27 replies 5 participants last post by  Strokin6Liters 
#1 ·
HEy guys wondering what everyone has done to take it farther, anyone put in the arp head stud kit, anyone ruunning meth injection??

#2 ·
You can do a downpipe, a Innercooler pipe, maybe nitrous. And I know there are a couple of guys who have use ARP headstuds. There really is no point of doing the headstuds unless you are looking at making more then 600 rwhp. At least I was told that on this site.

#3 ·
I did a turboback so new downpipe, buut yes how much will nitrous increase hp etc.

#4 ·
Oh sorry didn't read your sig:doh: But for nitrous I believe people are running like 75 shots. At least that is all I would run on a block with stock head studs. Which with the mods you have should easily make over 600 rwhp. What tune do you run on the H&S?

#5 ·
Don't mess with nitrous unless you plan on studding your truck too. I would do an upgraded CAC pipe and intercooler before you mess with other stuff like nitrous and head studs.

#6 ·
You think a 50-75 shot is too much for the stock head studs? How much can these head studs and head gaskets can take? Especially on a 2010 truck.

#7 ·
Well he doesn't have a 2010. He has an 08

#8 ·
I am weary of nitrous period, but that is just me. I wouldn't run it on my truck without head studs and probably an EGR delete w/wastegate.....especially on an 08 truck. A 2010 your likely to get away with it a few more times on stock head bolts and gaskets.

#12 ·
I'm looking at buying an 08 so what is the highest tune I can safely run without worrying about HG issues. I've had enough of that with my 6.0.

#13 ·
250-275 tunes with the Spartan tuner. If you get an early build date truck your more likely to have issues with the 275 tune than someone with a newer build date truck. Not saying it will happen though. I got my truck in May of 2007 and I ran the 275 tune for over 30,000 miles on my original head gaskets. I got new ones when I had the injector recall issue and got a new short block.

#14 ·
How do you find out what your build date is?

#16 ·
Ok also i'm getting a handshaker so will I have to order special tunes when I get a spartan?

#17 ·
Yea, because there is no TCM on a manual a strategy flash tuner will not work on it. You would still be able to get all of the tunes, but they would all be custom tunes.

#18 ·
Whats a good place to get custom spartan tunes from?

#20 ·
Oh ok I'm kinda new to the 6.4 performance world so I didn't know if you could get custom tunes from a bunch of people like you can for the 6.0. What kind of price range am I looking at. Nothing wild, I would just want some basic dpf delete tunes for right now. Until I can afford a dual disk :thumb:

#24 ·
Oh ok I'm kinda new to the 6.4 performance world so I didn't know if you could get custom tunes from a bunch of people like you can for the 6.0. What kind of price range am I looking at. Nothing wild, I would just want some basic dpf delete tunes for right now. Until I can afford a dual disk :thumb:

#25 ·
You can get different tunes using an SCT, but not our tuner. The base price for our tuner is $1249.00. That gives you 13 total tunes out of the box. 4 DPF on and 9 DPF delete tunes.

#26 ·
And those tunes will work with a handshaker?

#27 ·
Not the preloaded ones. We would give you 13 custom tunes because you wouldn't have a TCM. That causes the strategy flash tuner to not work on your truck. Not anything difficult at all. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.