310 Low response question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
310 Low response question

I had my truck on the regular 310 tune and it was hard to drive. especially trying to back out of a gravel driveway. I barlely push on the pedal and it would spin the tires. So I thought id give the 310 low response a try. Ive never heard you guys talk about it. My question is, what is the difference between the two? I know its less response of course, but is it just less touchy. or is there less HP? is my quartar mile times gonna be difference between the two tunes? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2010, 06:44 AM

no HP difference, just less throttle response.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:25 AM

Watch the MFDSD parameter and you'll see the fuel doesn't get chopped off when you let off the throttle like it does with the regular 310. But I've always wondered about the difference in the power myself.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallkk View Post
Watch the MFDSD parameter and you'll see the fuel doesn't get chopped off when you let off the throttle like it does with the regular 310. But I've always wondered about the difference in the power myself.
Im glad you mentioned that. As soon as I took it for a test drive after loadin up the 310 less response I noticed that when I let off the throttle, it doesnt cut off the fuel immediatly. It lunges forward for a second or two with no throttle applied. I dont really like that
Old 07-05-2010, 10:51 AM

The low response makes for pulling a trailer much nicer than the regular 310 for that reason but I hear you; when I want to start coasting I want it now not in a second or two later
Old 07-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

No horsepower difference like stated above. Throttle response is the only factor between the two that is different. The low response tune does not have as touchy of a throttle response which prevents the truck from bucking at certain RPM's or when your foot can't stay steady on the pedal. The regular is basically an all out race version. The low response is a more friendly daily driver tune.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:11 PM

One thing I noticed while in the 310 low response is that when it shifts from 2cd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th it will rev before it shifts. Like when your drving a manual and you give it throttle before you let the clutch out all the way....thats driving easy. harder driving, it doesnt do that....

Another concern I have it when the 275 is loaded. When Im 3/4 throttle going into 3rd gear it will shift hard and go right back to 2cd. its like its trying to go to 3rd but its not letting it. it will do this 3 or 4 times then it will finally get into 3rd...dont know what the deal is with that....

Im now driving the 210 regluar tune. love it. not problems at all with that. shifts great
Old 07-07-2010, 04:19 PM

did you do the trans relearn?
Old 07-07-2010, 04:30 PM

yep, sure did. except the wide open one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.