Trying to save stock file on a SCT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 01:37 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trying to save stock file on a SCT

I purchased the livewire xtreme for my 2008 Ford 6.4 Diesel. It has Eric from Innovative Diesel tunes on it. I wanted to save a copy of my stock files and my custom tunes to my computer hard drive. I installed the sct disc that came with the tuner but when I hook up the tuner to the computer it says it is not a sct device and I can't see or save them. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2010, 08:09 PM

Dont know what your doing wrong but I need to do this same thing as i want to back up my stock file.... I'll try and in ext day or so and let you know if it works. What mpgs are you getting, hwy & in-town? I am considering getting Erics tunes.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:02 PM

I don't know why it won't save either. And I have not got a reply back from my email. I think they went on vacation for the week. I'm getting 16.5 - 17.5 around town. Thats driving pretty easy. It has not dropped below 15 even beating onit. I have not had it on the highway since I installed the tuner. I think you would like erics tunes. I'm very happy with the way the truck runs and shifts. Shifts are a little firm until you drive it for a few miles and let the tranny re learn.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:51 PM

Thanks. Are you hand calculating the mpgs? The way I am calculating my mpgs is; when im fueling up and the pump clicks off I then manually pump another 3 gals in. So, are you doing similar or are you hand calculating based on when the pump clicks off? Thanks for your time.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:45 AM

Yes, I hand calc the same way. Once it clicks off I usually get another gallon or so in.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Don't remember exactly what it is, but I think you have to turn it off or something like that when you plug it in. Maybe you have to hold down the wheel? I can't really remember.... Mine did the same thing as what you're saying.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:14 PM

Ok, Thanks...I will try doing that. I'd like to get the files saved just in case something happens to the tuner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.