Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Trying to save stock file on a SCT

885 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  maxharley 
#1 ·
I purchased the livewire xtreme for my 2008 Ford 6.4 Diesel. It has Eric from Innovative Diesel tunes on it. I wanted to save a copy of my stock files and my custom tunes to my computer hard drive. I installed the sct disc that came with the tuner but when I hook up the tuner to the computer it says it is not a sct device and I can't see or save them. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong ?

#3 ·
I don't know why it won't save either. And I have not got a reply back from my email. I think they went on vacation for the week. I'm getting 16.5 - 17.5 around town. Thats driving pretty easy. It has not dropped below 15 even beating onit. I have not had it on the highway since I installed the tuner. I think you would like erics tunes. I'm very happy with the way the truck runs and shifts. Shifts are a little firm until you drive it for a few miles and let the tranny re learn.

#4 ·
Thanks. Are you hand calculating the mpgs? The way I am calculating my mpgs is; when im fueling up and the pump clicks off I then manually pump another 3 gals in. So, are you doing similar or are you hand calculating based on when the pump clicks off? Thanks for your time.

#5 ·
Yes, I hand calc the same way. Once it clicks off I usually get another gallon or so in.

#6 ·
Don't remember exactly what it is, but I think you have to turn it off or something like that when you plug it in. Maybe you have to hold down the wheel? I can't really remember.... Mine did the same thing as what you're saying.

#7 ·
Ok, Thanks...I will try doing that. I'd like to get the files saved just in case something happens to the tuner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.