Spartan VS. H&S drag race - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 08:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan VS. H&S drag race

I dont know if there has been a spartan/H&S batter before but I think I have one brewin....... I finally got my truck up and runnin with the spartan installed. Theres a gentleman that lives a town over from me and he has a 09 psd with H&S installed. I see alot of discussion on here about which one is better. Well, I thought it might be a good idea to just line up my truck with his. it will be a showdown between the two tuners. I know there is other qualities other then just power between the two, but at least we can settle who can be first at the finish line!! and it will be fun doin it in the process!! Dont know when this will take place but I talked to him last night and he is up for the challenge. So I will have the video camera rollin when we end up doin it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Sounds like a fun time. I am sure you will be on a closed course race track when this takes place....

Which tunes are each of you running?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:27 AM

What Spartan tune will you be using?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:28 AM

Wow, posted in the same minute...lol
Old 06-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I think track times say enough already. The tunes need to be comparable in this race for it to be a good race.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:44 AM

oh yeah, closed course

I will be running the 310. I dont know what H&S has. Im sure he will put it on the highest one. It will probably be awhile before this race takes place just so everyone isnt expectin somethin soon
Old 06-29-2010, 11:45 AM

If he can get the tune from Bentley I had it will be a good race against your 310. I ran a 12.906@104.42 with the H&S BETA tune. The top end on it is stronger than the Spartan 310 I know that. Also it was my first time racing at the track.Also he won't be puking down the road after 2 or 3 hard runs.

Last edited by 08TWIN6.4L; 06-29-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to jhaddox
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TWIN6.4L View Post
If he can get the tune from Bentley I had it will be a good race against your 310. I ran a 12.906@104.42 with the H&S BETA tune. The top end on it is stronger than the Spartan 310 I know that. Also it was my first time racing at the track.Also he won't be puking down the road after 2 or 3 hard runs.
i can make multiple passes down the track running the 310 or 350 tune and not puke...
Old 06-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TWIN6.4L View Post
Just curious what your 60 foot was on that pass you trapped 104? That doesn't really show anything because I know a guy over on TDG that has trapped 104 with the 275 tune. I think AED 250 on here trapped 104 with 37's or 38's with the 310 tune. Trap speed has a lot to do with the 60 foot bro

And when it comes to puking, I have over 17,000 miles on stock head bolts running the 275, 310, and 350 Spartan tunes....close to 20 passes at the track, and 6 hard pulls on a dyno.....not to mention transmission relearns, tune testing, hard pulls on the highway, etc. I haven't puked once
Old 06-29-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaddox View Post
i can make multiple passes down the track running the 310 or 350 tune and not puke...
Thats awsome I bet some other guys wish they could. I guess it depends on the truck. There is only one guy here in Abilene that I know of and he puked all the damm time. Instead of getting his truck checked out he sold the Spartan and bought a SCT with the canned tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.