3 Weeks with a Mini Maxx - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 07:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
3 Weeks with a Mini Maxx

I have a 09 F250 cc/sb 4x4 w/3.73 gear and 15,000 miles on it. I put the mini maxx on three weeks ago. I also installed a flo pro 4 inch ss exhaust from the down pipe back and a s&b air filter. I wanted performance, better mileage and to elimate the fuel in oil problem ( 2.5% in 5k miles). My stock truck has averaged 13.8 to 14.0 mpg (hand calculated) with very little towing since new.

I downloaded the hot damn tune and firm trans shift w/45 mph converter lock up from H&S. I did call tech support for a couple of questions. They were great, answered my questions and had me up and running quickly.

The performance is great. Drove 1 tank of fuel on the wild setting (175 hp), half city and half highway and averaged 15.5 mpg. Only a small puff of smoke on aggressive take offs.

I switched to the hot setting (250 hp) for the last two tanks. The truck drives great. It will put out a huge smoke screen if you are aggressive with the go fast peddle. If you roll on the power smoothly there is very little smoke. My mileage with the hot tune was 14.4 and 14.5 mpg for two tanks of fuel. Again hand calculated and half city and half highway driving.

I was hoping for better mileage but I find myself using the performance (hole shot from red light etc.) more than I did when the truck was stock.

I purchased my setup from First Coast Diesel Peromance in Jacksonville, FL. FirstCoastDieselPerformance.com -- Your Source For Powerstroke Performance. Wanted to support a local shop and the price was good, a little over $1800 for the entire set up.

Hope this helps anyone one fence. Overall I am very happy with the mini maxx and would purchase this set up again. The tuner is small but very clear and can be easily read. I mounted my tuner above the left ac vent with the mounting kit which is sold seperatly. After purchasing, I read on another thread where someone mounted there tuner in the lower left part of instrument cluster. I would try this before buying the mounting kit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2010, 07:20 AM
Don't you worry about it

Good to know! I'm going to get one as soon as I can save up some money.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Warheads on Foreheads

GREAT review!!!! glad to hear your a happy camper!!
Old 06-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Premium Member

Thanks. Keep us updated on the fuel use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.