My Black Maxx Review - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My Black Maxx Review

Well pulled the truck in the shop today and put the deletes on and installed the Black Maxx from my dodge i just got rid of.

I will be comparing it to what i can remember from the Spartan 275 on my 2008 Job 1 F-250 i had about 8 to 10 months ago. I sold ford and played with dodges for a while but now im back!!

I installed the Black Maxx and havent been past the Mild Tune yet, so far i have only put about 3 miles on it, the shifting could be better but i didnt do the relearn correctly, hopefully it will get better tomorrow after some miles get put on it

Also so far the Mild tune smokes quiet a bit on take off and will spin the tires when turbos get lit up! So far pretty impressed just hope shifting gets better

More Info to come, stay tuned!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2010, 07:59 PM

you had a spartan tuned 08 and sold it for a dodge?....why?!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammett88 View Post
you had a spartan tuned 08 and sold it for a dodge?....why?!!!
ha cause i trade alot, the ford had 45,000 miles on it, it was wore out!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 08:20 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
the shifting should get better after the relearn process.... let us know how you like it afterwards

-Raul
Old 06-23-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
the shifting should get better after the relearn process.... let us know how you like it afterwards

-Raul
Will do! Truck just rolled over 1600 miles so everything should get better from here on out!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

subscribed...
Old 06-23-2010, 11:34 PM
riddin' high

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dasaliac03 Send a message via Skype™ to Dasaliac03
worn out? not even broke in
Old 06-24-2010, 06:31 PM

Drove the truck around about 20 miles today and the shifting is way better, power is smooth and shifting isnt too hard. Compared to my 08 with Spartan 275 the power is way more smooth, the shifting isnt as hard, and there is no surge. I dont have the Hot Damn Downloaded but i cant tell right now if it is stout as the Spartan or not because it isnt near as touchy and violent but the speedometer moves da*n fast! I had the 120, 150, 210, and 275 on Spartan and so far i can definently tell you that the Black Maxx is stronger than the 210 on the Mild tune, my 08' was a turd unless it was on the 275 so that is where it stayed.

So i am about to start testing for fuel mileage, i have hand calculated 3 tanks so far with truck stock, first tank was like 11.5 mpg with mostly town, the next tank was around 150 miles highway with cruise set at 70 and about 5 miles town and it got 17.53, the last tank was a pretty good mix between town and highway and i got 13.72. I just filled up for the 1st time since deleting cat and dpf, so stay tuned for results.

Also when i first bought my 08' truck it had an SCT with DPF Delete, i think it had a 60 setting an a 90 hp setting, im pretty sure my 2010 stock would outrun my 08' with SCT on the 90 hp setting. For some reason that truck was just a turd until i got the 275.

This is in no way a bashing contest for any tuners, this is just my view of my black maxx, please no negativity. Also i am just going off memory of my Spartan on my 08' truck, i dont plan on installing a spartan on this truck either so it isnt a 100 % comparison. The Spartan could possibly act totally differnt on this truck.

I can also tell you what i LOVE about the Black Maxx. I trade alot and so it will fit any truck i trade for! I spent a small fortune on the Spartan and had to let it go with the truck because people were still unsure about buying a used one and you dang near had to give them away, this was when they first came out, i hear you can swap them from truck to truck pretty easily now.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:40 PM

Where do you live in TX? If you are close by maybe we can setup a race cause I have a 2010 with a spartan set on a 250 tune cause I'm a cheap *** and won't buy those other tunes. Maybe then if our trucks are setup similar maybe we can settle this little war between the (top two at least to me) tuners.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for posting please keep us updated. I am still trying to decide between Spartan and Black Maxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.