Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

im in pretty deep...

986 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  KTMotoRider1 
#1 ·
Hey guys long story short I had the cab pulled off my truck and brought the rolling chassis back to my shop to install headstuds. After. I'm pulling most of the top of the motor apart I'm beging to get a little worried as to how well I'm gonna be able to get the thing back together, the main reason for this is that I thought I would be able to get ahold of torque specs and a manual a lot easier....I'm interested in knowing where I can get some sort of a manual with torque spec for all this and which gaskets such as the ones off the up pipes should be replace upon disassembly. Any help in finding a book or any expirience you could share would be much appreciated!! Thanks

#2 ·
I recommend buying a subscription to alldatadiy its cheap and its has everything you would like to know and more

#4 ·
hey thanks guys! anyone else??

#6 ·
when you pull the cab and tear down the motor ford recomends the you replace all the cab bolts and most of the bolts that have anything to do with the turbo, personally I dont buy that, I think the cab bolts are mostly a liability issue on ford's part.

#8 ·
How many people and dealers actually replace most of thr bolts?? I can understand the cab bolts but every thing else seems kinda crazy. What gaskets are reusable if any?? The ones on the uppipes seem to be...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.