Vendor Alert - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Vendor Alert

Vendors,

I normally wouldn't post anything like this publicly, but in all fairness to any other vendors who may get stuck dealing with this person in the future, (and since myself and one of our dealers have already been told that he would be posting) I'm going to clear the air with this situation first and warn any other retailers of what they might be getting themselves into.

The customers name is Jason (I'll leave it at that for now- if any other vendors want specific info to avoid this person, just email me). Cobb's Diesel Performance sold him some parts, including one of our tuners, of which we were to drop-ship to him. The order was taken on 6/7/2010 by Cobb's and was shipped.

When the order was shipped from us, it was supposed to have been shipped next day air instead of ground, making the order a day later than the original delivery date. Simple slip-up. Here is a copy of the email sent to the customer earlier today concerning it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna @ Spartan
---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Spartan order
Date: Fri, June 11, 2010 12:29 pm
To: jvotro{xxxxx}@gmail.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason,
I am so sorry but I did only ship your
tuner ground UPS. That will be 2 days
in transit 1Z709E3X0344067673
You should see it on Monday.
If you will give me a call when you
get it, to get you setup on the
web site. I will make this up to you
by sending you level 2. ( that will give
you the 275HP tune for free)
Please let me know if that
would be OK. I did try to get UPS
to change the shipping but once
it is in transit you can't.
Again I am sorry about the delay.
Here's my number 828 692 9967

Thanks
Donna @ Spartan
I answered the customers call at about 1:30 or 2:00 today, of when I immediately started getting cussed and told how ****ty my company was, Cobb's Diesel, and that he never wanted to deal with either of us again. Literally had to interrupt the ranting to find out what his name was to even understand what the problem was. After asking him to chill out so I could find out what was even going on, he continued on- shortly thereafter I lit into him, cussed him like a dog- because he would hear nothing else, and hung up in the middle of a rash of names thrown at myself and everyone else here and at Cobb's.

Sadly I wasn't able to record any of our conversation, but luckily I have a recording of one of the SEVERAL voicemails left to Cobb's Diesel Performance after John hung up on the customer twice because of his belligerent attitude.

The sound file is attached. Warning for anyone who listens to it- it isn't only vulgar, but is also racist as hell. Will certainly give anyone who cares to listen a good taste of who this person really is. Certainly calmer than some of the other calls, but I'm sure the point will come through quite clearly.

The whole situation was bad enough for me to actually stop shipment of the tuner in route. The tuner will be coming back to us, and this customer will receive a refund when we get it back. Spartan will NOT be dealing with him, and we will not ship another tuner nor provide any support to this person if he obtains one without going through us.

In my 4 years in this business so far, I have NEVER dealt with someone like this. Note to the mods; if there is anything you need to discuss with me concerning this post, please contact me. I truly feel this needs to be out there for sake of anyone possibly dealing with this person.

Customer Sound Clip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to troid123
Old 06-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Oilfield Trash

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i really really hate talking to customers like that. the job i work at makes me listen to all forms of callers. and since we are a night crew, we get more customers that cuss like that. i wish i was allowed to either argue back or just hang up on that person.

for your customer service on this matter was great. you made a mistake on the shipping and made it up by offering another tune. anyone in their right mind would have been cool with it and just let it go. but sadly some just have to bi**h about it when it doesnt go their way.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod B View Post
i wish i was allowed to either argue back or just hang up on that person.
Well, today wasn't the day to win the lottery for him today. I am RARELY in the office to answer the phone- was covering for two employees today and it was the first phone call I answered. Sucks for him, huh?
Old 06-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Warheads on Foreheads

huh
Old 06-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Wow unreal.

Although Im sure you are aware Matt, Cobbs has been having some serious customer service issues the last few months.

Not saying that this is related at all but just wanted to put that out there
Old 06-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Wow unreal.

Although Im sure you are aware Matt, Cobbs has been having some serious customer service issues the last few months.

Not saying that this is related at all but just wanted to put that out there
Dave, myself and John have had some words about some of the issues arisen lately, and both of us have come to a pretty reasonable agreement on some things. If I had to bet, I think things will improve much on that front.

I can say hands down that this one isn't such a case. God himself couldn't make this guy happy. I was so irate by the end of this I split my office phone down the cover when I hung up. From the sounds of things, I think Cobb probably stayed a lot calmer than I did.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Diesel Addict

Send a message via MSN to CanuckF350
Yet again another person who thinks that he is so important. Even after Cobb's tries to make it right he proves just how small his brain really is. I am so sick of people like this and am ready to have a beat down when ever some idiot like this opens his mouth. Thank goodness he is perfect because the world is short of perfect people. This guy should not actually be called a human. Good on you guys at Cobb's trying to make it right. Thank goodness guys like this will not break your business. One sale I bet you are glad did not go through. If this is the way this idiot acts when his purchase is going to be a day late and also get a freebie upgrade to resolve the mistake. Could you imagine what he would have been like if there were a problem with the tuner or other parts he purchased. Brain dead schmuk!!! There I am done
Old 06-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
i ordered from tw and didnt know it took so long and yes i b1tched a lil bit,but saw the error of my way,these tuner guys like tw are a 1 man show,and it takes time,if you you want a good product then you will be patient,it takes time fer exelence,tw has good tunes fer a reason,he does it himself and he takes his time,so to the guy that b1tched bout gettin a free tune,,,what a freakikn retard,i was barley able to afford 6 tunes,hell ida turned freakin cartwheels fer a free one,dumba$$$
Old 06-11-2010, 11:30 AM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow that sound clip is disturbing. I agree I dont think anything would make him happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.