What causes high Fuel Rail temp? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What causes high Fuel Rail temp?

Pulling 10k on 8% grades on the 210 perfomance tune and the 275TCM all is well except fuel rail temp. It hits 140-145 easily when pulling the grade. BTW I got 10 MPG on the 210 and 11 on the 275
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Usually the hotter your motor gets, the hotter your fuel will get. Normal driving, I see 108-112 typically in 80+ degree weather with high humidity. I don't tow, but I could see where it would get warm. Check your fuel cooler for coolant level. Its the little black "box" looking thing middle/drivers side on the back of the motor. It has a little gray cap on it.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:12 AM

What fuel rail temps is everyone seeing pulling a load?
Old 06-08-2010, 05:25 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
normal driving on the interstate I see 150ish........Ill have that checked over at the end of this month........
Old 06-08-2010, 06:46 AM

150ish on fuel rail temp? Thats no load? Did you just change the high warning on the dash daq and don't worry about it?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drservo View Post
150ish on fuel rail temp? Thats no load? Did you just change the high warning on the dash daq and don't worry about it?
Yea, he did. He has air in the fuel lines somewhere.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I was seeing 128-144 EFT1 today drinving from San Diego to Las Vegas. It was 113 out and there are some wicked climbs from sea level to 5000' up 6% grade at 73MPH. Truck only has 3900 miles on it and it was unloaded. It's frustrating. What is the purpose of this anyway? Everyone seems to always be over the threshold of the DD yet no one seems to care. I am just wondering because I thought the truck was going to blow up when the alarm went off at 140. I changed mine to 160 at the recommednation of one of the vendors. BTW, what fluid goes into this fuel cooler? Does the tune really even effect this temp if you are just on cruise control?
Old 06-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The same fluid that goes in to the degas bottle. Do a coolant/water mix. I could see the temps getting that hot with the ambient temps being 113 and the motor working that hard. Did they ever get lower than that once the truck settled down some?
Old 06-29-2010, 06:01 PM

It could be the fuel coolant pump gone out. That's what happened to me. Feel the fuel coolant radiator after you've been driving a while. It's the little one bolted onto the side of the intercooler. If it's not very warm to the touch, the pump's out.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks I will check the resevoir today. I am driving from Las Vegas to Salt Lake City and it will be 110 outside again. Is it just a coolant water mix that goes in there? Does it have to be the same coolant that’s in the radiator? Sorry for the silly ?'s but I have no idea where the degas (over flow reservoir) bottle is or what goes in it. Also, the temp goes down once I am on the road and seems to hover around 128-130'ish. The high temp's are seen after running hard and pulling off the highway for a food or bathroom break. That's when it hit 140-144 just sitting idling. It never went over 150. Does the tune effect that temperature? I can't see how it would since the truck is just cruising.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.