Air Dog II - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 742
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Air Dog II

When ordering do I want the 100 GPH, 150, or 165? I'm thinking the 165 right?

Also, it's not going on till the end of the summer so there aren't going to be any new, superior models/products coming out before then right?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 06-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Posts: 1,011
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The 165, it will support all the fuel upgrades you may do in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 06-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,723
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do the 165!!! And the only thing superior is the Elite Stage II pump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 06-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northwest Mississippi
Posts: 144
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2ShootTheJ View Post
When ordering do I want the 100 GPH, 150, or 165? I'm thinking the 165 right?

Also, it's not going on till the end of the summer so there aren't going to be any new, superior models/products coming out before then right?

Thanks
You should really go to their website and read up on whats involved in the install of all three, the advantages, disadvantages of each one etc.

My opion is the 100 is simple install does not touch anything beyond OEM pump and therefore may help if your concerned about FORD using it as an excuse to void your warranty. Probably best for no or minor modifications

The 150 more in depth install, more adjustability and would be good for moderate mods.

The 165 more to the install, even more adjustability and better features for anyone planning on needing more fuel to be available when the higher mods call for it.

That is a simplistic breakdown. You should go to the site and base your decision on what your planning for your truck now and in the future.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 06-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,723
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
You should really go to their website and read up on whats involved in the install of all three, the advantages, disadvantages of each one etc.

My opion is the 100 is simple install does not touch anything beyond OEM pump and therefore may help if your concerned about FORD using it as an excuse to void your warranty. Probably best for no or minor modifications

The 150 more in depth install, more adjustability and would be good for moderate mods.

The 165 more to the install, even more adjustability and better features for anyone planning on needing more fuel to be available when the higher mods call for it.

That is a simplistic breakdown. You should go to the site and base your decision on what your planning for your truck now and in the future.

Good luck.

I was under the impression that the install was the same for all of the Air Dog II units.....the difference is the GPH. All three units bypass the stock LPFP. The original Air Dog units (100 and 150) do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 06-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northwest Mississippi
Posts: 144
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
I was under the impression that the install was the same for all of the Air Dog II units.....the difference is the GPH. All three units bypass the stock LPFP. The original Air Dog units (100 and 150) do not.
Your probably correct. The "orignals" are still for sale and are just called airdog ..... If the IIs do all install the same then I apologize for the unclear statement.


Hey, I guess I just gave a good example why someone should check out the website..

Last edited by Doozer; 06-03-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 06-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 742
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
haha appreciate the input from all. I'll go with the 165 as i'm not worried about a warranty or installation. Aaron will have to worry about the installation :haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 1,147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok I'm new to the diesel performance world so don't flame me too much, but what are you guys talking about in here? What is a Air Dog II?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,723
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac97psd View Post
Ok I'm new to the diesel performance world so don't flame me too much, but what are you guys talking about in here? What is a Air Dog II?
It replaces the stock low pressure fuel pump that is on the frame rail with a better unit. It filters better and keeps a more constant fuel pressure going to the high pressure fuel pump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 06-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 1,147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
It replaces the stock low pressure fuel pump that is on the frame rail with a better unit. It filters better and keeps a more constant fuel pressure going to the high pressure fuel pump.
Cool thanks. That is what I figure you guys were talking about. How much do one of those run?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors