Spartan Tune - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan Tune

I am on the 210 tune right now, was on 150...What do you guys recommend me using? I am looking for mpg, reliability, and of course more hp. I do like to feed it some speed at times...but I want to be able to run, and not think about puking! I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but do you have to do the tranny relearn as well and whats the procedure? I also noticed the truck went into no start when I put it in high idle mode, that is when I loaded the 210, and it started fine.....Thanks for all the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2010, 06:43 PM

i ran the 250 but my job 1 tranny didnt like it. running the 210 for now until i get the tranny serviced and am very happy.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:48 PM

You can run the 250 and be safe and with it, the trans relearn is encouraged when running 250 or higher. You should be fine I just wouldnt dog it to hard.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The higher the tune the better fuel mileage you will get. Your right foot will determine your fuel mileage and how long your tranny will last.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
The higher the tune the better fuel mileage you will get. Your right foot will determine your fuel mileage and how long your tranny will last.
very true i will be glad when spartan gets the tire adjusment worked out so i can see what my mpg really are
Old 06-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I was running the 250 but found the shifts to be too hard. The power was awesome though.

I tried the 10 tow but again, the shifts were way too abrupt for me.
(could this be a result of the long box crew cab?)

I am now running the standard 210. Love it!!! the shifts are crisp but not brutal, and it runs far cooler and all around better than stock. And that pesky EGR valve stays closed!

Thanks Spartan!!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Higher tunes mean more line pressure is needed. Stick with the 210 and lower tunes if you don't want to deal with the firmer shifts.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

These are the instances I brought up in another thread. Sorry for another hijack.
Are the 210/tow and the 250 instances where adding an extra half-quart of tranny fluid and the addition of traction bars will help to eliminate the hard shifting that people are talking about?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:22 AM

So I am safe with 210, I did noticed the shifts are a little crisper, which is better for the torque convertor (less slip), and ok for the occasional kill? Does the egr give you problems on the other tunes?
Old 06-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick36 View Post
These are the instances I brought up in another thread. Sorry for another hijack.
Are the 210/tow and the 250 instances where adding an extra half-quart of tranny fluid and the addition of traction bars will help to eliminate the hard shifting that people are talking about?
Adding fluid won't soften the shifts up, but traction bars will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper09250 View Post
So I am safe with 210, I did noticed the shifts are a little crisper, which is better for the torque convertor (less slip), and ok for the occasional kill? Does the egr give you problems on the other tunes?
Yes, the 210 is fine. The EGR isn't an issue on these trucks like the 6.0. The best thing to do is if you run a tune that keeps the valve closed while your driving, is to load up a lower tune for a few hours every so often to free up the valve nicely just in case it might be getting gummed up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.