spartan 210 tow vs 275 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
spartan 210 tow vs 275

Ok so I'm back in the diesel world, had an 03 6.0 with lots of problems and went gasser til last week. Now I've got my spartan in and have a few questions. I installed the 250 right off the bat and I don't like it. Feels good once the tc locks up but feels like I'm driving around with a high stall tc. That and right after lock up(around 70) its at 1800 degrees!!! I've read that these temps are ok for 1/4 mile and so on...anyway tried the 210 tow today and its awesome!! Early lock ups! Feels like a power monster now!! Only hits 1400 now. From what Ive read the 275 locks up like the 210 tow does...is this the case? How about temps? And one more..transmission. I've got job 3 and from what I understand 275 is fine (with common sense of course) but the 310 is where it starts getting iffy even though guys have no probs there usually either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2010, 07:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Never heard of those issues with the 250 tune.....I am guessing that you are hitting 1800 degrees at WOT? Are you running an aftermarket intake on your truck? As for the 275 tune, yes it locks up earlier like the 210 TP. It locks up at 45 mph. Its probably my second favorite daily driver tune and my best mileage tune. Temps have always been under control for me with all tunes, especially the 250 and under tunes.

WELCOME to the .ORG by the way!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
Never heard of those issues with the 250 tune.....I am guessing that you are hitting 1800 degrees at WOT? Are you running an aftermarket intake on your truck? As for the 275 tune, yes it locks up earlier like the 210 TP. It locks up at 45 mph. Its probably my second favorite daily driver tune and my best mileage tune. Temps have always been under control for me with all tunes, especially the 250 and under tunes.

WELCOME to the .ORG by the way!!!
Thanks!! By the way, I cannot register on spartan site, says administrator does not allow it??

Yes, the high temps are at WOT with stock air filter, the filter minder is fine though... so I didn't figure that was the problem. My truck is not the only one...have a guy say that when he installs the 275 tunes on trucks that it runs cooler than the 250 and of course way less smoke.

So 08stroker, as long as I'm not being crazy, will my stock job3 be fine with the 275 or am I asking for trouble? I really want the quick lock up.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Email tech@spartandieseltech.com for registration.

You might see lower temps with am aftermarket intake. I think the difference is the early lock-up though. The RPM's stay up a lot longer with the 250 tune than the 275 tune. As for the Job 3, you shouldn't have any issues as long as you take care of it. I put 46,000 trouble free miles on my Job 1 tranny/TCM with the 275 tune and never had any issues. It wasn't until I used the 350 tune for some testing that my tranny went down hill and forced me to go Suncoast.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks sent the email.

Awesome, think I will be purchasing the 275 tune tomorrow because the low end pull rocks!! Can't imagine it with an extra 65 hp. Do you recommend going through the trans learning process after install?

Sorry for all the questions, but one more. What are the chances of hitting 100 mph in the quarter with the 275 tune? crew cab 4x4, stock 20's with 3.55s
Old 05-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jredecop View Post
Thanks sent the email.

Awesome, think I will be purchasing the 275 tune tomorrow because the low end pull rocks!! Can't imagine it with an extra 65 hp. Do you recommend going through the trans learning process after install?

Sorry for all the questions, but one more. What are the chances of hitting 100 mph in the quarter with the 275 tune? crew cab 4x4, stock 20's with 3.55s
I would recommend running the truck thru the gears at part and WOT a few times for a good relearn. If not, the tranny will learn some sloppy shifting. Trust me, your going to be impressed!

As for the 100 mph hopes in the 1/4 mile...very likely!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
I would recommend running the truck thru the gears at part and WOT a few times for a good relearn. If not, the tranny will learn some sloppy shifting. Trust me, your going to be impressed!

As for the 100 mph hopes in the 1/4 mile...very likely!
Nice! Thanks for all your info. Cant wait til I get it, especially considering its one of the best mileage tunes.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Is job 3 the best transmission?
Old 06-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The transmissions are no different, its the control modules that are different. The Job 3 TCM, is much better than a Job 1 TCM.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok gotcha thanks. Waiting on my 275 email, can't wait. Thanks again for all the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.